Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Touchscreen Tft

Can anyone recommend a good 7" touchscreen TFT - I'm tempted to build an in-car PC and have nearly acquired all the bits except the screen - Plenty on eBay, but not sure about them as they are all non-uk sellers.

Cheers.

without doubt go for a xenarc type screen

I have one in mine and its very nice indeed

If i remember rightly it was £350.00 ish from www.cartft.com

lilliput do one too but I hear nothing but problems with them loosing the touch screen config settings and having to redo it each time you turn on the screen.

also they use refurbed screens so your not really getting a brand new screen for your money (so im told)

have you sorted out a power supply for your incar PC?

im using an ITPS with a 60W psu that runs from 12V

Cheers mate, I'll take a look at that site.

I remembered there was a thread on this a while back, but I couldn't find it. :whistling:

Re power, I was going to just use a 13amp plug to 12V DC converter - is that suitable?

inverters do work quite well, but you tend to get electrical noise coming thru the speakers. and I wanted to get all my bits into the glove box so I really didnt have the room for an Inverter. I think if you get a decent inverter you might get lucky with the noise thing, it must be worth a shot. the only problems i have with mine is the screen is very nice, but its on show if i leave it in the car. Im looking into ways to hide it or at least make it look as if its part of the dash to stop would be smash and grabs. also the sound, Im having to route it via a cassette adapter which works better than I expected, but when Steve sorts out the AUX input adapters I'll go that route.

all in all it's been worth it.

I have a 40 gig 2.5" hdd crammed with music, I can use the PC for GPS and also for playing DVD's the screen has 2 Video inputs so i can add a reversing camera and Im pretty sure you could use it as a hands free gsm phone or anything else you can think of doing with a PC

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links