Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a 1999 GS 300 and lately i have noticed that the offside small and large headlamps are becoming misty with condensation in the lamp. I contacted the dealer who said that the seal around the lamp had probably gone but they do not sell that and i would have to replace the entire light.

Someone suggested that i use silicone to seal the lamps again. However, i tried to remove the lamps and realised that i owuld have to remove the front bumper as well.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did they fix it????

:zee: I just had the same problem on my 2000 GS400. I took it to the dealer since it is still under warranty and told them it happened after every wash. They said it was somewhat normal and I said bull**** I paid big money for a quality car and I expect quality so they replaced the whole front light assembly at no charge (nice!).

Yep, still have the same problem, but i know what is wrong with mine (GS 300 sport MK 2). Look at the front bumper area just below the light unit, it may or may not be marked, mine has a small scratch outside but when you look insde on top of the light unit and gently press just above the bumper you can see a crack running along the plastic flanges, it is hard to see and even harder to seal it back up as the crack runs down the back as well. I agree you have to dismantle a hell of a lot to get to it so i enquired at a Lexus centre and they told me it would need a complete light unit at £359.00.without labour. ! :duh: Wait for the better weather and you will forget about it till next year.

Thanks very much for your responses. I did not notice this problem in the summer so i guess it could have been there from that time. When it started in the winter it was not bad but as of late it is getting worse although i think the problem has now peaked.

Anyway i have some rubber sealant and will be stripping down the front bumper to get to the light and fix the problem. I will not be spending so much money on such a small problem.

I just have to wait until the weather gets better to start this job.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links