Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Advice On Buying A Ls400 Please

I had a look at a LS400 earlier today,i wont be buying it,needed new front discs,and engine had been started and warmed up before i got there and it was still tapping so *** know how noisey it is when cold,the underneath was oily so shes was loosing oil,and was only firing on 6 or 7.the body work wasnt to bad.i think i will wait abit longer for the right car.the trouble is there not very close to live.think i will still look at the other one this wedneday.wish me luck!

I GOT ONE I GOT ONE.just bought a series 1 LS400.a true honest car owned for the last 10 years by person and im the 3rd owner,im well chuffed. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i told you not to look under the bonnet!!!

enjoy your wonderful motor, and if you're ever near hungerford, give me a call and we'll kick each others tyres!

yea this one had a personal plate and was changed back to a H reg,i asked for the reg before i went to see it and it all checked out.the temp and time dont work but not to worried about it at moment,seems everything else works fine and she drives great. :D :D :D :driving:

thats good news then newburys not to far away for me,any more details on the price and a address please.yea shes got 130,000 with all the history.looks like its got a factory alarm on it,is it any good or is it worth getting a newer model alarm fitted.also could you tell me what fuel you use is straight unleaded ok or will i notice a differance if i use the super unleaded?

many thanks for the help on all questions ive put since the first post.it was nice to drive back tonight and be able to see where i was going after replacing the headlights on the senator and not noticing much difference,nice to have nice white lights,is there a manual adjustment under the bonnet like there is on my senator to rays the headlights on the highest setting they seemed a little low on normal dip?

Hi,yea i found the electric adjuster,theres a real screaming sound as they adjust is that normal,the senator also got the adjustment but its alot quieter on the senator.Also now ive had abit of time to look at all the gizmos i notice on the key it should lock and unlock the car,ive put a new Battery in the key and it dont work,does it have tobe setup again or reprogramed ?

headlamp adjuster doesn't scream, so front end damage somewhere causing the glass to scrape against metal?

key: i don't have a remote cos everything that was removable was removed from mine before i bought it at auction, but it does have to be re-set after a new Battery. there's a mobile bloke does it for about a ton i think. based coventry or somesuch - i've the details somewhere if you want them. if it's too dear for mine, i'll get a multi chanel one and 'bolt it on' which will also give me boot open, tho i don't think the Mk1s have 'close windows and sunroof' but maybe i'm wrong there.

ok thanks,the lady how owned the car kept the inside of it spotless,she wasnt much of a driver so the front bumper has been damaged on both sides,not to much to worry about for the moment after only just getting it.not to worried cos the headlights are not the sort of thing that i would adjust to often,think i would rather get a new alarm fitted and have it rigged up to the locking to get around the problem.no worries.thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chips,Dont know if you are still looking for a 400 but my J reg is up for sale for the type of money you want to spend.I have had it 14 months and had no probs if you want to know more give us a call on 07970347306 anytime.I live in the Birmingham area,Cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links