Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

06-13 IS250 Oil Catch Can

Splendy92

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to the site so if this has already been covered I must apologise.

I have recently bought a 2009 IS250 SE with 71k on the clock.
After some research it seems like there can be a problem with sludge buildup in the engine and a catch can seems to be the best solution.
Is there a definitive guide to installing one (which hoses to reroute etc) on the internet for a UK model?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

• 2 months later...

Hi Ryan,

Not sure if you've installed one yet but...

I recently picked up an IS250 a couple of weeks ago. One of the first jobs on my list is a oil catch can. I've not yet fitted it but picked up one from eBay last week. I took a gamble on a Chinese copy of the Mishimoto Compact catch can. I was actually rather surprised as it seems to be fairly decent. My initial though was to put it behind the front grill in front of the radiator, however, I'll need to see if it's even possible to route the hoses there. Another possible location could be under the air intake.

Also, you might want to check the operation of the PCV valve. This can be done removing it, attaching some hose to the valve and blowing air from the side with the threads to make sure air passes easily. Also, try blowing air through the other way to make sure it doesn't. It's a fairly awkward place to get tools into. A crows foot would help. When reinstalling you would need to apply red thread locker on 2 to 3 threads and torque to 27Nm.

If you are worried about sludge regular oil changes might be an idea. I would definitely change the oil if you are not sure how old it is.

Here are a couple of pics of the catch can and one of the space under the air intake.

Once I have worked out the best solution I'll post an update with more pics and parts required!

Sticks

IMG_20190903_172217.jpg

IMG_20190903_172246 (1).jpg

IMG_20190905_122544.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links