Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ls400 mk3 mk4 compatible parts

Hi guys, new forum member here although I have been observing for a while. Some great topics and information; thanks.

Anyway, since about a year I have a LS400 Mk3, initially bought for some motorway cruising on the continent, the car has been solid and never let me down but is a workhorse and not a looker. I have grown quite fond over this car and how good, reliable and comfortable it still is. So now the time has come to sell it on I just can't do it, so I decided to keep it and put some serious tlc in so it can go a lot more miles and years and not just being bought for the engine and scrapped. Someone I know is bringing a very tidy Mk4 over for the engine and gearbox so leaving the chassis with a lot of good parts to scrap. A lot I could potentially use. 

Am I correct in assuming that apart from the engine, gearbox, front bodywork/ headlights and the mid console everything else should just swap over? I spoke to a Lexus dealer and even they were not sure and part numbers don't seem to add up in some cases.

things I am thinking about swapping: front and rear suspension (both cars have normal springs), seats and door panels, antenna, heatshields, boot lining and I am sure I'm forgetting loads.

THANKS and looking forward in taking a more active approach on this forum.

Jos

The second generation LS400 was updated from the Mark 3 to the Mark 4 in 1997 and there were subtle differences to the interior and the bodywork ,the seats are different in that they have side airbags so cannot be swapped. The part numbers will vary even though they are the same part because they are being applied to a different  series that's why unless you are really clued up at Lexus they will not commit to the difference.

I would save the ecu's and the antenna the carpets the sunroof and electrics ,as for the suspension and sub frame the series 2 upgrade (Mark 4) as a rear tubular sub frame and the front is an aluminum cross member as for the control arms they are the same but the springs could be different.

Do some research online there are reams of info on the subject Wikipedia is very good on the history of the LS400.

• Like 1

thanks Phil. Naturally I had a search before but came not further then 'minor changes and tweaks' without much further details. I now have found a lot more info scattered around after a more thorough search but still quite some info missing. The seats would be the biggest let down however it does seem to fit with the same plug, just differently wired up, so maybe with a bit of handy-work I could make it work. I will just get the car over and see what's possible and what not. thanks!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links