Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loss of power

KSK212

Hi, i have bought my first Lexus is 220D 2007, loss of power when you go into 2nd gear until after a couple of seconds then it picks up again when you put your foot down, also dose'nt like going into 6th gear unless you are doing around 80mph. I have cleaned the egr valve which was full and i do mean full of black carbon, i also noticed when i took the egr off underneath were it sits a lot of black carbon build up lower down in the manifold which i left, (should i try to put a small nozzle down there to try and suck it out. Thinking the loss of power could be the intercooler pipe has a hole in, could that be the case. Thank you Karl

Hi Karl

Lexus were never into making diesels and unfortunately the is200d proved to be troublesome - problems include the above mentioned aswell as injector and gasket problems.

If you got the car cheap and are good with spanners or know a good garage then you could try to get it running perfectly - there are lots of posts on this forum.

On the other hand you could move it on and buy yourself a nice and silky smooth is250 

• 3 months later...

My 2012 200d has been gr8 over the year of ownership ( bought in preference to ALL the upmarket competition wins hands down!) 

My son worked for Merc for a few years and put me off them very early . Bmw have lots of very expensive issues. Jag for me would be a second choice 

Ref my 2012 Lexus IS200d Advance = Ive seen some posts concerning injector faults so looked at the LEXUSPARTSDIRECT website and saw they have injector cleaner for sale ! 
In preference I bought & used Liquimoly fuel system cleaner as a preventative measure - just under 48k on the clock now 

Of note to doubters of Lexus diesels is that the 220d suffers DPF clogging but 200d doesn’t due to being detuned but still very capable in every respect! I would suggest Catclean for a preventative measure  and do the DPF regeneration drive 

My friend has an Avensis with 260k miles clocked a good advert for the best selling diesels around the world

cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links