Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

‘Bargain’ RCF

3 minutes ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

They try to stipulate, but those rules (from every manufacturer) were deemed to be anti-competitive...so theoretically you could get servicing done by Halfords and still be okay.

Personally I like the peace of mind and compared to most other manufacturers Lexus servicing is really good value. 

I agree about Lexus servicing and also the warranty costs, I really can't understand why anyone would be so dumb as to not have an eye on the future sale value of your car.

I've mentioned it before but my AMG CL65 was due a major service and I was quoted just under £3K from MB World Brooklands Mercedes, fortunately somebody was interested in my car and I sold it before the major service was due. Having said that I'd have swallowed the service cost because I had an eye on selling it in the future. As for the Lexus Warranty I've just re-newed mine for £900 for two years my Mercedes Warranty was £2K per annum.

Anyone with an ounce of mechanical sympathy/understanding/common sense must surely know the importance of regular oil changes if not just checking oil and tyre pressures every other time you take the car out.

• Like 1

This is why i recommend people to buy an F car. 

They have 9/10 the performance compared to an AMG or M with much stronger reliability record (especially if you keep an eye at the oil level lol).

900 for 2 years of warranty is very cheap @B1 RMA.

However, I dont think any car warranty in the world covers stupid owners that do not check their car fluid every so often. Its a basic routine for any car owner let alone a performance car.

2 hours ago, B1RMA said:

if not just checking oil and tyre pressures every other time you take the car out.

I was completely with you til you said this...now I feel like an abusive parent!

Every other time? Really?

I checked the level quite regularly at the beginning and the dipstick level just does not budge! 

Now I check every 4-6 weeks and also if the car’s not moved for a while (Like at end of lockdown) and also always before I’m going on a long journey...as for servicing I just do the annual every year plus take it in November for the winter prep, where they kick the tyres and all the usual Shizz (plus cleaning the car inside and out - which is why I really take it in LOL!). 

11 minutes ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

I was completely with you til you said this...now I feel like an abusive parent!

Every other time? Really?

I checked the level quite regularly at the beginning and the dipstick level just does not budge! 

Now I check every 4-6 weeks and also if the car’s not moved for a while (Like at end of lockdown) and also always before I’m going on a long journey...as for servicing I just do the annual every year plus take it in November for the winter prep, where they kick the tyres and all the usual Shizz (plus cleaning the car inside and out - which is why I really take it in LOL!). 

I don't use the car very much so there could be a 4 week gap between use so I guess it's not as obsessive as it might have come over as.

I can tell you the oil in the RCF at the moment is still golden and clear from the last service, never trusted TPMS so I have to check them manually. I guess having owned a Lotus on and off since 1973 you get into the habit of checking your car regularly.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links