Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Follow the instructions in your owners handbook for the locking sequences but before you do disconnect the Battery on the car and leave for 15 minutes, reconnect but do not start the car ,start at the beginning of the set up sequence carefully logging on paper your every step so you do not duplicate or miss any steps .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ambermarine said:

Follow the instructions in your owners handbook for the locking sequences but before you do disconnect the battery on the car and leave for 15 minutes, reconnect but do not start the car ,start at the beginning of the set up sequence carefully logging on paper your every step so you do not duplicate or miss any steps .

setting up the remote locking on a 98 Lexus ls400 - Google Search.pdf

• Like 2

I've been unlocking and locking the car using key on passenger side to avoid alarm going off. Today I've opened the locks on driver side manually(central locking worked this time) and after this remote started to operate normally opening the doors and boot. Windows and sunroof are opening randomly with key out of ignition. This points me to driver side key barrel or other components located near it. Am I right? 

Hello again. 

To make it more interesting today my locking system stopped working completely without any work being done to it. Even my steering wheel adjustment, buttons on driver door, light when opening the door the central locking on either side. It must be some components corroded i believe. It all happened when I was replacing some suspension components in front. 

Here's quick tutorial I've recorded for replacing lower ball joint and track rod end.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links