Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

eCall indicator lights query

I've noticed that only the passenger side eCall indicator light is on (green) in my NX450+. The driver's side light is always off which according to the manual means that the system is off. I've not knowingly changed\set any of these settings so is this normal or do I need to configure somewhere?

Screenshot 2024-04-29 124622.png

The manual self explanatory:

When the power switch is turned to ON, the red indicator light will illuminate for 10 seconds. Then, the green indicator light will illuminate for 2 seconds and remain illuminated if the system is functioning properly. The indicator lights indicate the following:
● If the green indicator light illuminates and stays on, the system is enabled.
● If the green indicator light flashes twice per second, an automatic or manual
Emergency Call is being made.
● If no indicator lights illuminate, the system is not enabled.
● If the red indicator light illuminates at any time other than immediately after the power switch is turned to ON, the system may be malfunctioning or the backup Battery may be depleted.
● If the red indicator light blinks for approximately 30 seconds during an Emer- gency Call, the call has been disconnected or the cellular network signal is weak.
            Therefore if the light is showing green all is working.

• Like 1

As I posted I've already checked the manual which suggests that the eCall system is off on the driver's side but where is this configured? I assume normal functionality results in both lights showing as green and that there's no configurable items available for the driver.

Sorry you lost me. There are only 2 lights. Red and green. Once car starts they flash i.e. checking system and then green light remains on telling you all is correct. The only other message displayed  relates to passenger air bag being activated. You can disable the passenger airbag e.g. if transporting a baby, but not the drivers which you cannot turn on/off.

The e-call system does not activate on passenger/driver sides but activates if air bags activated automatically.

• Like 1

Driver and passenger sides haven't got seperate lights, it's as Eggie says, constant green and it's working correctly.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eggie said:

Sorry you lost me. There are only 2 lights. Red and green. Once car starts they flash i.e. checking system and then green light remains on telling you all is correct. The only other message displayed  relates to passenger air bag being activated. You can disable the passenger airbag e.g. if transporting a baby, but not the drivers which you cannot turn on/off.

The e-call system does not activate on passenger/driver sides but activates if air bags activated automatically.

Ah, I see - the light configuration suggests that there's a light for each seat but there are in fact separate lights for green and red. A single light that changes from red to green would have made more sense but hey ho.

Thanks for the clarification.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links