Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seeking maintenance suggestions for RX400H @ 190,000 miles

All,
Seeking some advice for what general maintenance I should have done as the manual's maintenance schedule doesn't go as high as 190k. It's an 2008 RX400H. Runs well but want to keep it that way in hopes of keeping it past 250k. 

For starters;

1. appears I'll be replacing my Battery as I've had to jump start a few times lately (car has been sitting more than usual due to COVID, but drove about 250+ consecutive miles Monday and still having to jump start).
  2. also all windows, except for driver window, won't roll up or down even with car on. Thinking this is tied to Battery issue or fuse, so will check that as well
  3. no record of a transmission flush/fill, so plan to have that done

What other general maintenance would you recommend at 190k (outside of oil change done Dec 2020)?
For what it's worth did a brake fluid flush/replace in April 2018

Greatly appreciate your opinions/advice. 

• Like 1

I like your 250k ambition 😎 I am new to Lexus but not Jaguars and have always found the freely  published itemised maintenance schedules a brilliant guide as to what's what 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rkriley24 said:
  1. also all windows, except for driver window, won't roll up or down even with car on. Thinking this is tied to battery issue or fuse, so will check that as well

This is an easy fix and I did it myself to my own RX400h this week after I fitted a new Battery.  The procedure is in the owners manual if you want to check.  

For each window, use the switch on that door. 

1) Lower the window a bit

2) Raise the window to the top, but keep pressure on the switch for a couple of seconds after the window reaches the top.  

3) Now the window will work from the driver's door, and also the auto up and down functions will work.  

4) you need to do something similar to the moon roof, but not sure I could remember precisely what I did to make this work too.  🙂  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, rkriley24 said:

My problem is that the maintenance schedule I have doesn't even go above 150k. Do you know of one online for RX400H?

I think things broadly double up so for example a 120k service is the same as a 60k so 200 would be same as 100k. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links