Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I did an attempt to search for a topic regarding this, but could not find something specific. 2007 IS220D -> My rear view camera is broken, sort of. It does not adjust well to light. So much so that it is completely useless in broad daylight, but will function well in a parking garage. Additionally it is very grainy, so it can be very difficult to see what is going on, even when the lighting is correct. I tried finding a used one in Norway, but could not find any. I could buy a used one from abroad, but if buying from abroad i'd much rather buy a new one, OEM or not. Byung through Lexus is not an option, i was quoted £1000+ for the part alone, can't remember the value specifically.

Has anyone bought a camera from a source, and have it work? I don't trust my skill in finding (good) sellers on aliexpress, eBay or similar.

The camera on IS mk2 generation 2005-2012 was very poor and grainy anyway. It may be that your camera has some condensation/dirt in it, which results in you not being able to see anything in daylight, maybe due to refection. In short my first suggestion would be to try to take it out/open it and clean it.

If it doesn't work, the second step would be to get used camera from breakers/junk yard. This is definitely better option than getting new reproduction (could be considered fake) from China. And as you have already discovered buying new OEM is not an option... to be fair in UK you can buy entire IS220d for £1000 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links