Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Installing Teyes Android headset over factory unit

I assume you mean a unit like this
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001733937245.html

A few on the US (ClubLexus) forum have fitted Android head units in place of the OEM unit with varying levels of success.
I suggest you take a look there as they will probably be better able to advise you.
If I remember right, you lose some of the control over the AC system, and the Steering wheel controls no longer work, but don't take my word for it.
This is far from a plug-and-play system. You will need to understand auto-electrics and be able to follow wiring diagrams.

Yes similar to that one but the slightly newer model. Thanks yes I've had a browse on Club Lexus as well but a lot of the pages are quite old with out of date models. A lot of the older models had an issue with the start up speed for some of the older displays but I've seen some general impressions that this one doesn't involve you waiting 30 seconds before you can do anything once you start up the car!

The listing for this one said we should retain steering wheel controls but would need to change the temperature using the physical buttons which I'm fine with. I might also not be able to change the rear climate controls which I'm fine with as well. I also will need to wire up the reverse camera which I think will be the trickiest bit to do though.

I've ordered it today so will give it a go in a month or two when it turns up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My ordering didn't go well in the end and I'm getting my money back as the item wasn't delivered. I've decided to scrap the idea of an Android head unit and go with the Bluetooth device that you've recommended previously from Germany. Installed it and so far so good.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2021 at 7:30 PM, Goodknight777 said:

My ordering didn't go well in the end and I'm getting my money back as the item wasn't delivered. I've decided to scrap the idea of an Android head unit and go with the Bluetooth device that you've recommended previously from Germany. Installed it and so far so good.

Glad it's working for you :thumbup:.
I like mine. It's not perfect as sometimes my phone doesn't connect to the BlueMusic module, but a quick manual Bluetooth connect and it's good.
Most of the time it just resumes playing from where it left off when I switched the engine off. 😁
Steering wheel controls work for next/previous track and the sound quality is as good as the source file (128bit MP3 in my case).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links