Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I recently installed a Nokia CARK-91 car kit in my U.S. spec 2000 LS with Nakamichi and CD. I found two places to connect the Nokia mute wire to the standard telephone harness. 2000 U.S. LS400 have a male phone connector on the drivers side under the rear of the center console - the middle front pin is the mute connection. I also found a mute connection in the trunk where the Lexus phone transceiver normally is installed. The wiring in the LS you have in Poland may be very different. If you find a phone harness connector in either the center console or the trunk, you could probe the pins with a grounded 12 volt test light while the radio is on to see if you can find a pin that mutes the radio. Be careful not to bridge multiple pins with the test light probe.

If a Lexus telephone was available in 1994 in your market, you could get an electrical diagram from Toyota/Lexus. The electrical diagram for my 2000 LS clearly shows the telephone mute (TMUTE) wire and wire color.

I use a Nokia 6340i tri-mode phone (GSM/TDMA/Analog) phone in my Nokia kit.

A U.K. company, Dashmount, and other companies sell "auto leads" that allow some phone kits to be easily connected to the LS audio system. I bought one but it did not work with my Nakamichi system because the connectors are very different than the standard connectors.

Information about my Nokia install in my LS can be viewed temporarilly at http://home.kc.rr.com/colchester/phone/Nok...H%20install.doc

It is a 586K file so it may take a while to download.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links