Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ambient lighting - GS300H - Big Improvement

4 hours ago, Hangie said:

Honestly I prefer original subtle version rather this one. Of course it is personal choice. Hopefully you can dim it while driving.

I am going to dim the lighting around the centre console, but what I realise is that if you look at it, it is bright but when driving you are not looking down and it really doesn't bother you.

If you look at the top of the dashboard or just below the door glass the blue is not present, so it only shines from door handle going down. I do have one on the rear shelf behind the headrest to turn on and then I am finished. I have one wired in the booth to come on when opened as I find that light quite dim.

On 2/7/2022 at 12:30 AM, UKDentonGS300 said:

I am going to dim the lighting around the centre console, but what I realise is that if you look at it, it is bright but when driving you are not looking down and it really doesn't bother you.

If you look at the top of the dashboard or just below the door glass the blue is not present, so it only shines from door handle going down. I do have one on the rear shelf behind the headrest to turn on and then I am finished. I have one wired in the booth to come on when opened as I find that light quite dim.

not really true, if the ambient light level inside the cabin is greater than outside, you can create a 'one way glass' effect.
Same reason its quite often difficult to see other drivers in their cars. 

You really don't want this effect the other way round so you can't see out. 

Also more light in the cabin, the more your eyes will not full adjust to darkness outside. This kinda matters less cos of other headlights.
I've already got my console brightness at minimum in night-mode and wish I could turn it down another few notches! 🙂

On 2/16/2022 at 8:19 AM, Steven Lockey said:

not really true, if the ambient light level inside the cabin is greater than outside, you can create a 'one way glass' effect.
Same reason its quite often difficult to see other drivers in their cars. 

You really don't want this effect the other way round so you can't see out. 

Also more light in the cabin, the more your eyes will not full adjust to darkness outside. This kinda matters less cos of other headlights.
I've already got my console brightness at minimum in night-mode and wish I could turn it down another few notches! 🙂

I suppose it affects different people in different ways.

I have tried dark mode on my sat nav and on my phone and don't like it. It takes me longer to read it. So I just leave it in day mode and I do a lot of driving.

I have twice driven my car for 25 hours without stopping except for petrol, toilet and takeaway. Last year Torrevieja to Calais and a couple of years before that Sesimbra, Portugal to Calais. The lighting helped to keep me awake and alert.

10 hours ago, UKDentonGS300 said:

I suppose it affects different people in different ways.

I have tried dark mode on my sat nav and on my phone and don't like it. It takes me longer to read it. So I just leave it in day mode and I do a lot of driving.

I have twice driven my car for 25 hours without stopping except for petrol, toilet and takeaway. Last year Torrevieja to Calais and a couple of years before that Sesimbra, Portugal to Calais. The lighting helped to keep me awake and alert.

Pretty sure the laws of physics are the same for everyone 🤣
If you are driving on well lit streets won't be an issue, on dark country roads its a bit different. There is a reason internal lights for passengers in the car try and keep the driver area relatively dark. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links