Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 wing mirror indicator?

Does such an item exist? I did speak with a guy who bought an LS400 with them already installed but insisted the wing mirror had no part number in the usual places and as it was the previous owner who had installed them, he didn't have a scooby where they came from.

So couple of Q's...

Was this ever an option for the LS or potentially a JDM exclusive for Celsior etc?

I did some googling and found US forum with a '95 set, part no. TR9302, this part number only yields regular wing mirrors, none with indicators and the pics don't quite look like OEM mirrors?

So, are there any other Toyota/ Lexus products that offer the wing mirror indicator option that are a straight(ish) swap?

Or... was this a customisation of the original part to incorporate an aftermarket indicator?

ls4 2.jpg

ls4 7.jpg

I don’t think they ever were an OEM option, even the JDM Celsiors ( which don’t have the wing repeaters fitted) don’t have them.

My 2004 MY Celsior has foot lighting built in under the mirror housing which illuminates when approaching the car but no indicators as there are now side repeaters fitted.

I did buy some retrofit units for the old Celsior but never had the guts to start cutting holes in the mirror backs. 

Also bear in mind you would need to get the additional wiring to them.

I seem to remember many years ago you could buy aftermarket rear casings with them built in but by now probably extinct like the smoked front indicator units or a MINES ECU.

• Like 1

Thanks, I had seen the 'puddle light' option when browsing part numbers online.

Subsequent googling has shown that the 430's have an aftermarket option available to them ready built, but I would presume re-routing the body wing indicator wiring to the mirrors is required.

When the time comes, if I can source some mirror backs for reasonable money, I'd give it a crack DIY style as the car needs an entire respray so could fettle until completely satisfied. I do have a 3D printer available to me through a friend, but unsure how 'trick' his set up is to maybe print a mirror backing to accept aftermarket installs.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links