Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust axleback help is250

vladcostea

Hello guys.

Last days ive got a muffler delete ( replaced the whole Y with stainless steel) on my 2007 is250 ,but im getting a lot of drone 

So i was wondering if adding a pair of magnaflow mufflers will remove all the drone. I have the original resonator on ,no other modifications to the exhaust or intake.

Does anyone know if the is250 gets any drone with magnaflow mufflers and stainless steel axleback ?

Any help is appreciated.

IMG-20220414-WA0007.jpg

Screenshot_2022-04-16-12-47-50-156_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Yes a silencer will lower the drone. If you don't want them visible at the back you could put it inline just after the bracket. This will mean cutting and welding. Personally backbox deletes aren't my thing and to stay legal you will require atleast 1 silencer on your exhaust system.  

If you wanted a delete you could've cut the original open, removed the fibreglass and welded a short bit of pipe inside with holes drilled, repacked and welded back up. This keeps it stock looking while giving the advantage of a straight through exhaust along with enough gas pressure to remove some particles before they exit the car.

On 4/22/2022 at 4:49 PM, MrTrendizzle said:

Yes a silencer will lower the drone. If you don't want them visible at the back you could put it inline just after the bracket. This will mean cutting and welding. Personally backbox deletes aren't my thing and to stay legal you will require atleast 1 silencer on your exhaust system.  

There is another big silencer.. just after the back boxes. so we have 3 silencers & 4 cats.

On 4/16/2022 at 6:53 PM, vladcostea said:

Hello guys.

Last days ive got a muffler delete ( replaced the whole Y with stainless steel) on my 2007 is250 ,but im getting a lot of drone 

So i was wondering if adding a pair of magnaflow mufflers will remove all the drone. I have the original resonator on ,no other modifications to the exhaust or intake.

Does anyone know if the is250 gets any drone with magnaflow mufflers and stainless steel axleback ?

Any help is appreciated.

You never know what those weird amazon mufflers will do to your system in terms of sound.. risky game. 

I've got HKS mufflers as I knew muffler delete would be too annoying, so I would recommend those but not everyone fancies spending £800 on that. In comparison though, you are getting a high quality product. Great sound when you want it, and no drone. I say when you want it because it's like stock until 2000rpm

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links