Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why no Mark Levinson Speaker System Option for the 450h+

Good evening all,

I currently own a Volvo XC60 T8 Inscription Pro which will be four years old in October. I'm looking at options for my next car and whilst I really like the Volvo the current model is very similar to my existing car and in the case of some features a downgrade. I've been looking around and the new Lexus NX 450h+ is definitely catching my eye (I can put up with a slower 0-60). However, after sifting through the details the model and spec I would go with for the NX is F-Sport with Takumi Pack until tonight when I discovered the 450h+ doesn't permit the inclusion of 17-Speaker Mark Levinson Premium Surround System. I like my music and the XC60 has a B&W speaker and sound system. So can anyone tell me why the 450h+ doesn't permit the upgraded Mark Levinson sound system?

Paul

• Like 2

It's apparently to keep the weight down. The subwoofer would add a lot of weight and the car wouldn't do the magic 45 miles on Battery that they wanted 

Before I bought I spent a lot of time in both a car with and without the mark levinson system. And found very little difference 

Kenny 

41 minutes ago, Paul_B said:

Good evening all,

I currently own a Volvo XC60 T8 Inscription Pro which will be four years old in October. I'm looking at options for my next car and whilst I really like the Volvo the current model is very similar to my existing car and in the case of some features a downgrade. I've been looking around and the new Lexus NX 450h+ is definitely catching my eye (I can put up with a slower 0-60). However, after sifting through the details the model and spec I would go with for the NX is F-Sport with Takumi Pack until tonight when I discovered the 450h+ doesn't permit the inclusion of 17-Speaker Mark Levinson Premium Surround System. I like my music and the XC60 has a B&W speaker and sound system. So can anyone tell me why the 450h+ doesn't permit the upgraded Mark Levinson sound system?

Paul

I found this on the US Club Lexus site. Not definitive but sounds plausible.

I suspect the new Mark Levinson setup for the NX will not fit in the 450h+, which is why it is not in the option list.

There was a post here earlier that showed the picture of the speaker locations for the ML system, and the subwoofer housing takes up a lot of room underneath the cargo area. It's the same area required for the extra batteries for the plugin, so we may never see the ML being an option for the 450h+.

Link, if you want to see the full thread is: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-2nd-gen-2022-current/975415-mark-levinson-on-450h-f-sport.html

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links