Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300h nosie from the A/C compressor

Hi there, Ive got is300h 2014, I have a problem with my air conditioner, I’m using the A/C button on, driving around an hour and suddenly and suddenly heat comes out of the 2 aisles of the air conditioner where the center console is, While driving I’m hearing in the background the noise of gas trying to flow like (tzzzzzzzz) inside of the car, loud noise from the compressor like a buzz.
As soon as I turn off the air conditioner and the vehicle and start after 5 minutes everything works out, Ive teached the servo in the dash secvel times and it proccesd, a video of the ac commoeros nosie,

, anyone encountered?

Edited by Ben7767

Well, I've never heard anything like that before but it does sound sort of like an electrical buzz.

Read the OBD codes and see if anything has been flagged and let us know if it has.

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

Well, I've never heard anything like that before but it does sound sort of like an electrical buzz.

Read the OBD codes and see if anything has been flagged and let us know if it has.

I connected a few days ago a scanner take a look in the photo

2987803C-C47D-4EF8-9805-A4D9D12D5F93.png

7 minutes ago, Ben7767 said:

I did it a few days ago, used 20g or oil and 420g of gas

Which oil did you use? Was it ND11 and/or did it say that it definitely was suitable for hybrids?

I haven't got a workshop manual for the IS300h but this is what the manual for the RX450h 2009-2015 says about code B1475:

2022-07-09.thumb.png.b7128155a76d29fa48ddfc6be471e1eb.png

1490122819_2022-07-09(1).thumb.png.6d9647ec074077475f2bebad078e48a6.png

897237257_2022-07-09(2).thumb.png.4da202666abf9f692184cc80af7cf50f.png

1 minute ago, Ben7767 said:

I had a problem with the thrmostat and fixed it, I cant understand the thing that you sent me..

Fair enough, we'll deal with that in a minute, but what about the oil?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ben7767 said:

i have a sticker on the hood with the oil and refirgant information, I used 20g of oil exactly.

The quantity doesn't matter. We just need to know that you used ND11 or equivalent oil and not the more common PAG oil used in conventional cars. If you mistakenly used PAG then you have a bigger problem.

6 minutes ago, Herbie said:

The quantity doesn't matter. We just need to know that you used ND11 or equivalent oil and not the more common PAG oil used in conventional cars. If you mistakenly used PAG then you have a bigger problem.

I will tell you, I refuel in lexus club at my country after I got out of them the noise started, and then I did a gas vacuum alone I am a mechanic in the field I used that oil alone. I asked a guy in Lexus Club at my country he said that I can use that oil.

1EE4773D-4FF4-4FD9-8729-29668DD8FA77.jpeg

Unfortunately, unless I'm missing it, there's nothing on that can to say exactly which kind of oil it contains. It should specifically say either "Suitable for hybrids" or be labelled "ND11" or "PAG". The refrigerant gas doesn't matter as that's the same, but the oil needs to be the correct one.

This is very important.

Our hybrid aircon compressors are driven by a 500V 3-phase AC variable frequency motor and the motor windings sit in the oil for cooling purposes. ND11 oil does not conduct electricity so it's safe to use, but PAG oil does conduct electricity and it will damage the motor windings.

It's been shown that as little as 1% contamination by PAG will attack the insulation on the motor windings and cause either short circuits between the windings themselves, or between a winding and the metal case of the compressor.

If that is the wrong oil then the whole aircon system needs to be drained out and flushed, and may even need a new compressor and dryer.

However, if it is the correct oil then we can concentrate on the code B1475, but you really need to make sure about the oil first.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Unfortunately, unless I'm missing it, there's nothing on that can to say exactly which kind of oil it contains. It should specifically say either "Suitable for hybrids" or be labelled ND11" or "PAG". The refrigerant gas doesn't matter as that's the same, but the oil needs to be the correct one.

This is very important.

Our hybrid aircon compressors are driven by a 500V 3-phase AC variable frequency motor and the motor windings sit in the oil for cooling purposes. ND11 oil does not conduct electricity so it's safe to use, but PAG oil does conduct electricity and it will damage the motor windings.

It's been shown that as little as 1% contamination by PAG will attack the insulation on the motor windings and cause either short circuits between the windings themselves, or between a winding and the metal case of the compressor.

If that is the wrong oil then the whole aircon system needs to be drained out and flushed, and may even need a new compressor and dryer.

However, if it is the correct oil then we can concentrate on the code B1475, but you really need to make sure about the oil first.

As I said Ive asked about that oil and its suitable, We’re using that oil on mercedes hybrid cars too.

Taken from the Denso page:
https://www.denso-am.eu/uk/products/ac-engine-cooling/ac-compressor-oil

ND-Oil 8 =  PAG 46-type double end-capped oil formulation for R134a-type refrigerant compressors.
ND-Oil 12 = Extra additives specially for the R1234yf refrigerant, but can also be used with vehicles using R134a type refrigerant

ND-Oil 11 = POE oil, specific developed for use in DENSO electric driven scroll compressors, which are used in hybrid and electric vehicles. This oil has high insulation properties, as the electric motor of the compressor is cooled by the refrigerant and oil mix.

I think you have used the wrong type of oil for the Lexus.. given that the AC compressor is made by Denso.

11 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Unfortunately, unless I'm missing it, there's nothing on that can to say exactly which kind of oil it contains. It should specifically say either "Suitable for hybrids" or be labelled ND11" or "PAG". The refrigerant gas doesn't matter as that's the same, but the oil needs to be the correct one.

This is very important.

I just want to emphasize if I turn off the A/C for a few minutes the noise disappears, I drove around right and there was no noise from the compressor, It only happens during a rush or a continuous hour-long ride.

2 minutes ago, agent_dess said:

Taken from the Denso page:
https://www.denso-am.eu/uk/products/ac-engine-cooling/ac-compressor-oil

ND-Oil 8 =  PAG 46-type double end-capped oil formulation for R134a-type refrigerant compressors.
ND-Oil 12 = Extra additives specially for the R1234yf refrigerant, but can also be used with vehicles using R134a type refrigerant

ND-Oil 11 = POE oil, specific developed for use in DENSO electric driven scroll compressors, which are used in hybrid and electric vehicles. This oil has high insulation properties, as the electric motor of the compressor is cooled by the refrigerant and oil mix.

I think you have used the wrong type of oil for the Lexus.. given that the AC compressor is made by Denso.

The oil that i used it suitable for hybrid cars im sure about it

7 minutes ago, Ben7767 said:

As I said Ive asked about that oil and its suitable, We’re using that oil on mercedes hybrid cars too.

You're a brave man Ben. I certainly wouldn't use anything that doesn't explicitly say on the can that it's safe to use it in hybrids. It's certainly not worth risking a £2000 or £3000 bill to put things right if it all goes wrong.

Anyway, as long as you're happy that it's safe to use, that's all that matters.

Right, you said that you don't understand the pages from the workshop manual so, if you look at the first one, it shows the code B1475 in the left column. The next column along is the condition that flagged up the code, which in this case is that the cooling water in the inverter is too high a temperature, or there's an open or short circuit in the sensor circuit. The final column shows the items that could be causing this problem and the most likely culprit is at the top of the list, working downwards in order of likelyhood.

The rest of the pages are like a flowchart of how to diagnose what the problem actually is.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links