Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300h 2016 vs 2017+

Hopefully someone can give me some advice. I'm looking at an IS300H as a new personal/company car. I understand that the 2017+ are the newer models so I've been limiting my search to them, but can anyone tell me if there are big differences between 2016 and 2017+? My budget can't really stretch past 2018. Cheers for any help.

53 minutes ago, j4bl3s said:

Hopefully someone can give me some advice. I'm looking at an IS300H as a new personal/company car. I understand that the 2017+ are the newer models so I've been limiting my search to them, but can anyone tell me if there are big differences between 2016 and 2017+? My budget can't really stretch past 2018. Cheers for any help.

Not big differences - 2017 was just a facelift. Trim designations changed and so what was included in each level may need some research - but from a driving point of view, mpg etc. very little difference. I would look for the best your budget will stretch to regardless of whether pre or post 2017.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cadman2k said:

It's worth reading this article as it also has changes to suspension and steering 

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/what-has-changed-with-2017-lexus-is/

Having driven a few facelift cars though I couldn't feel any difference to my 2014 car in that respect and so it's not something that I would say makes a great deal of difference for someone now deciding between and pre and post 2017 model - given the cars they are looking at are around 5/6 years old more important are the condition and history of the car and maybe the spec depending on what the OP feels they need/want.

• Like 1

Note that it says "2017", but realistically most cars with LSS+ and 10 Inch display started cropping-up in 2018 (so when you see 17/67/18 plate don't automatically assume it has the updated infotainment), before that (2014-2018) mostly just cosmetic differences. Obviously small changes were done between the years, but nothing major, in terms of power, economy an all that nothing has changed throughout the life-time of the model.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links