Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New NX Voice Commands

Hi All, have had my new NX for one month and have a couple of grumbles such as not being able to send navigation to the car from the Link app but have one question in case there is something I'm missing - when initiating the voice commands using 'hey Lexus' or by pressing the steering wheel button the audio doesn't mute so if it's on high volume you have to turn it down first otherwise you can't hear the Lexus voice - I can't find anything in the menus that would solve this.

One other annoyance is that if you used wired Android Auto the next time you get in the car and don't want to use Android Auto it doesn't re-connect to the phone by Bluetooth - you have to go into the menu to tell it to re-connect.

Thanks for any advice,

2 hours ago, Addh said:

Hi All, have had my new NX for one month and have a couple of grumbles such as not being able to send navigation to the car from the Link app but have one question in case there is something I'm missing - when initiating the voice commands using 'hey Lexus' or by pressing the steering wheel button the audio doesn't mute so if it's on high volume you have to turn it down first otherwise you can't hear the Lexus voice - I can't find anything in the menus that would solve this.

One other annoyance is that if you used wired Android Auto the next time you get in the car and don't want to use Android Auto it doesn't re-connect to the phone by Bluetooth - you have to go into the menu to tell it to re-connect.

Thanks for any advice,

To send navigation destinations to your multimedia system you will need the NaviBridge app installed on your Android phone (it is available in the Play Store) - it works really well.

Agree with the problem of having to manually turn down audio volume to use the "hey Lexus" voice command - there does not appear to be a work around for this (I have fed this issue back to my dealer).   Likewise, I have the same problem with manually reconnecting my phone manually after using Android Auto - I cant find a solution for this either.

Thanks, will look into that - for info I just had a reply from Lexus app support saying this will be added to the Link app in the last quarter of this year 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

I see the voice command hasn't improved.
On my 2020 NX I gave up with it and went back to Apple CArPlay and "hey siri"

I agree that it's  not perfect yet but I have to say that it is a huge improvement over the previous generation NX.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links