Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Would you recommend a 2022 Lexus NX to a friend?

OK, I have been experimenting with the settings and confirmed that are significant issues (or at least "undocumented features") related to features at Settings - General - Language & Units.

As previously explained, I had to disable the "auto-detect" settings for Measurements and set the "Trip Info.unit" to KM/h in order to get the dash and HUD to display speed in KM/h when I drove to France.    I found that in this configuration, auto-dipping of headlights and auto windscreen wipers didn't work (I had to operate these manually).     I have also found that in this configuration, the button to "Close & Lock" the boot door does not work - the one located in the boot lid (other MY 22 NX users should be able to confirm this by setting up the above config, open the boot then trying the "Close & Lock" button).   Now, on the surface this might seem quirky, but I am not sure that I have enumerated all of the electronic systems that are impacted when you configure the above settings, which you will need to do if you drive the vehicle to the continent.   It is clear that the "auto-detect" Measurements feature impacts a lot of other components so disabling it currently has significant impact on other electronic systems.   One night last week, my wife was driving the car in France.   The headlights failed to dip when a vehicle approached, whilst my wife was feverishly trying to find the switch to manually dip the headlights, the other driver turned on his full beams, dazzling my wife and causing us to leave the road.   Fortunately the wife manage to recover, but this shows that this is not a trivial issue.   If you are taking your NX to the continent BE AWARE!    I am escalating the issue to Lexus now.

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links