Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacement key fob for 2013 ct200h

newbieowner

Just got my self a 2013 model ct200h advance. The previous owner said he just has one key as he has lost the other. Was looking for a "2 button" key fob all around and couldn't find one. Being quoted by a key company £300. Any suggestions where I can find one or a reasonable key cutting company?

Thanks 

Welcome to the forum.

Buy extra key from Lexus. Have them reprogram the keys to the car if you do not trust seller and think that seller may still have the missing key. That way the missing/old key will no longer function. Expensive yes, but not that much

I'm not sure why you ever need more than one key. We have two keys for both our cars and we only every use the one which also has the house keys attached the other two just stay at home.

The only time it comes in handy is if we are giving control of the car over to someone else like a mechanic, tyre fitter, etc.

9 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

You''ll probably find a fob on ebay, but you'll need to get it programmed.

It's worth having a spare as, on some cars/models, if you lose your only key the dealer will have to fit a new ECU and locks.

Just re-program the key and car and the lost key cannot start the car.

That can be done with all other alarm systems.

Suppose Lexus software should be able to do that.

I consider it essential to have two keys. If you only have one, and lose it, you have no hope of getting into or moving the car. Then, a way will have to be found to reprogram everything to accept new keys. That'll cost more than getting second key now.

When on holiday, I always take the other key to either leave in the hotel, or give to my wife. In the old days, a magnetic box in the engine bay that I could reach from underneath.

A stitch in time etc..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links