Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blower fan noise (RCF)

Has anyone taken out the blower motor/fan on an RC/RCF? Just want to get an idea of difficulty before I take it to Lexus.

Mine started making an annoying noise last week. Sounded like something caught in the fan at first, now turned into a pretty nasty squeaky kind of noise that's present constantly unless I turn the climate control fully off.

Not too thrilled that I'm already dealing with my second gremlin with the car, but maybe it will be an easy fix...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2024 at 8:15 PM, TomLC500h said:

My LC has a noisy blower fan too 

I got mine fixed in the end and it was apparently just a leaf stuck in the fan housing. Lexus Guildford didn't even charge labour so I can't imagine it was too much work for them to get out.

Every time you remove the filter there's a chance debris sitting on top of it will fall down into the fan housing. I've heard that you can slot a piece of paper or card underneath before withdrawing the filter which should block stuff from falling in.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2024 at 9:32 PM, Rob RCF said:

I got mine fixed in the end and it was apparently just a leaf stuck in the fan housing. Lexus Guildford didn't even charge labour so I can't imagine it was too much work for them to get out.

Every time you remove the filter there's a chance debris sitting on top of it will fall down into the fan housing. I've heard that you can slot a piece of paper or card underneath before withdrawing the filter which should block stuff from falling in.

Thank you, mine turned out to be a small brown leaf too!

10 hours ago, TomLC500h said:

Thank you, mine turned out to be a small brown leaf too!

Hello Tom

Out of interest, where was the leaf, and how did you extract it? I ask because on Sunday last, I too noticed a "leafy" noise coming from my LC's fan. I haven't had time to investigate but f you could provide some clues I'd be grateful.

I had a rattling noise when the fan was on. It turned out that a squirrel had stored some hazelnuts inside the fan housing. I put a wire mesh over the air inlet after removing the nuts. It took hours to get at the heater matrix behind the dash.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links