Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Known fault bulletin

beyond the blue

Since new (Christmas) l have had a rattle in the sunroof area of my 2022 ES Premium edition. It has been back to the dealer a couple of times for investigation and repair. Despite being very good with me they have failed to rectify the problem. The car was going back in again for a roof strip down this coming Friday to try and get to the bottom of it.

I've just had a phone call from the dealer saying all dealers have just received a 'known fault bulletin' from Lexus saying they are aware of this fault on some vehicles. This is great news as far as l'm concerned as l was worried that this rattle might never get fixed. The appointment has been put back to October 10th to give the dealer time to get more info from Lexus as to how to proceed. I think the dealer is as glad as l am to hear of the bulletin.

• Like 3

I had a rattle in my second hand ES when I first got it, seemed to be from the rear but couldn’t work out exactly where, took it back to Lexus Leicester and they sorted it in one visit, they said there was a known fault in the roof area around the grab handles but I am sure they said mine was in the door. Good that they are building a database of known issues

26 minutes ago, Derant said:

I had a rattle in my second hand ES when I first got it, seemed to be from the rear but couldn’t work out exactly where, took it back to Lexus Leicester and they sorted it in one visit, they said there was a known fault in the roof area around the grab handles but I am sure they said mine was in the door. Good that they are building a database of known issues

Had exactly the same rattle in my old 2019 es300h. Leicester lexus sorted after 2 visits. 

21 minutes ago, Illogan said:

I have an annoying 'chatter' from the passenger seat sometimes.

Not always

But noticeable when my wife sits in the car...

Oh - - How do I delete this post?

One advantage of the Mark Levinson system, you can turn it up really loud …….when needed!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links