Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC Seat Movement

96spec

Hi Shapiro.

Lexus had the car for a week and unfortunately could not find any issue or replicate the seat moving (not for want of trying I might add); they had their head tech and also their service manager take the car out separately. However they did confirm the seat base would be covered under warranty IF they could fault it.

The strange thing is before I took it down I was trying to look under the seat and moving it fully up/down, forward and backward - I could see small movement but not in the tracks. When I drove the car down to them - the first time driving since I'd tried looking - I couldnt feel the movement or it was less pronounced to the point it wasnt as noticeable.

I am not completely convinced it has gone but maybe moving the seat through its full positions has reset something mechanically or electronically, or something else; so I am going to have to monitor and see what happens....

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, shapiro said:

If it’s electric don’t believe the range. I thought it was shocking. 

Neh - it's one of those stupid hybrid things. The EV works up to about..... 3mph and then that dreadful 4 pot kicks in. The only way to drive it is in full on beige mode. Trying to hussle it is stressful.

• 1 year later...

Just as an update on this. It appears that Lexus recognise that the original seat suffers from excessive movement. They have tweaked the design since, BUT the tweak doesn't work. So, if your seat doesn't move right now - it probably will sooner or later 😁

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links