Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Having trouble pairing phone

Ohoopee

Hi guys, I'm hoping some of you more technologically advanced people might be able to help me.  Yesterday I just bought a 2011 ct200h.  It is in mint condition and has extremely low mileage..I just couldn't say no.  I love the car but I am having some serious difficulty pairing my phone to it.  It is a basic model CT 200h so it doesn't have all the bells and whistles which includes navigation so I am trying to pair my phone do a system without a navigation screen.  I found this video on youtube but it just doesn't seem to work for me.  This stereo he is working with here does look exactly like mine but reversed obviously.  First of all, when I push the voice command button on the steering wheel and say setup, nothing happens.  Now I did manage to play around and get my phone audio synced to the car...I was riding around the village listening to spotify.  The problem then when I cam back and continued messing, I finally got to the screen to pair my phone.  The problem is that is is giving me the same blutooth name and code as it did for the auto and that seems to have caused problems.  In my phone, on my blutooth menu, I can still see the car but they are no longer showing as paired, even when the car is on.  whats more, when I get the car to try to pair with my phone, the car says searching but no no name or anything on my phone and when I try to connect to old listing for the car, the one I had synced the music with, it says unable to connect..and now I can't get music back either.  Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

We have a CT with navigation so different, but usually when trying to pair Bluetooth, open phone, press on Bluetooth and search for things to pair with, press on Lexus and try to pair. Something should appear on the screen in the car and you would possibly need to accept pairing pressing something in the car.

Somebody here on the forum with a car similar to the one you have will be able to give you better instruction if what I mentioned does not function.

For listening to music from the phone a line-in will give better sound quality than Bluetooth anyway. Bluetooth is not transferring complete data now and in 2011 Bluetooth was rather basic. In the CT we have there is better sound when using line-in than when using the easy transfer of music via Bluetooth.

10 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

We have a CT with navigation so different, but usually when trying to pair Bluetooth, open phone, press on Bluetooth and search for things to pair with, press on Lexus and try to pair. Something should appear on the screen in the car and you would possibly need to accept pairing pressing something in the car.

Somebody here on the forum with a car similar to the one you have will be able to give you better instruction if what I mentioned does not function.

For listening to music from the phone a line-in will give better sound quality than Bluetooth anyway. Bluetooth is not transferring complete data now and in 2011 Bluetooth was rather basic. In the CT we have there is better sound when using line-in than when using the easy transfer of music via Bluetooth.

HI, thanks for your reply.  The big difference between my lexus and the one in the video above is mine is not talking back to me...When I name my phone, I can hear that back so it is detecting my voice and the volume appears to be correct, mine just isn't talking.  I played around some more and figured out how to unpair on my phone so the cat didn't appear anymore.  I went back and this time, got my phone to pair but again the audio didn't seem to work.  So I'm guessing, you h ave to pick one or the other but not both?  Yeah my old Lexus ad an auxillery port that I used for spotify and I see the new one does as well so I guess that is what I will have to do.  At least the phone is paired now.

• Like 1

I have a January 2013 SE-L, non-nav. Mine doesn't talk to me either, so I think it must be a different model on the video. Setting up Bluetooth is a pain! You can get both audio and phone to work, I did manage it eventually, but its very fiddly. I currently have phone only, as when I use my phone as a sat nav, the spoken directions weren't coming through and I can live without audio, at I tend to use radio or usb for my mostly short journeys. 

I had to do the set up again when I changed my phone and spent over an hour in the car, in November 🥶 trying to get the Bluetooth working, I did get there eventually. 

• 6 months later...

Hi Guys, I have a CT 200h 2015 model and my car phone has been perfect. Suddenly my callers can’t hear me but I hear them very well. Any suggestions what I can do because I have disconnected my Iphone and reconnected but still the same problem. 

13 minutes ago, Tonyi said:

Hi Guys, I have a CT 200h 2015 model and my car phone has been perfect. Suddenly my callers can’t hear me but I hear them very well. Any suggestions what I can do because I have disconnected my iPhone and reconnected but still the same problem. 

If the callers cannot hear you have you tested the mic?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links