Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nav unit fibre optic connection

Based on a picture of type A and type B provided above, I have a type B, not type A. I have a facelift model of lexus with different tail lights and repeaters in mirros but my screen is an old type, also one that doesn't have Bluetooth audio streaming. 

Looking at teyes website, 32GB unit costs pretty much the same as one I've posted link to from eBay and looks exactly like it. Aren't they the same units?

As far as funcionality goes, all I need is:

-Wireless carplay or any other way to provide internet for the unit

-Display online google maps navigation

-Stream music from netflix

-Handsfree phone calls

-Audio quality comparable to what it is now

Any additional features will be just a bonus that I don't perticulary need unless there's something usefull I don't know about 😛

I already have good quality reversing camera and front camera from Jansite dashcam

IMG_0659.jpeg

IMG_0658.jpeg

IMG_0657.jpeg

IMG_0656.jpeg

IMG_0655.jpeg

Based on your pics above, you have the Model B. So technically you should not have a USB port in the centre arm rest either just a 3.5mm aux. So yes you need Type B or if you buying from your eBay link then it’s non fibre version which you don’t need to say anything as the listing states it will be that Harness anyway unless you message requesting the harness for the other type

1 minute ago, ahmed24 said:

So technically you should not have a USB port in the centre arm rest either just a 3.5mm aux.

You're right, I don't have USB port. Just 3.5mm aux which I already had to replace.

As you have teyes unit and been using it for a while, can you briefly describe the functionality of temperature control and steering wheel controls for the audio as well as volume knob on CD changer. Is all of that work as it supposed to? I'm asking cause there's a lot of different informations regarding those controllers in RHD cars.

BTW thanks for all the effort in continuing this topic, it's very helpful.

19 hours ago, ahmed24 said:

This is NOT specific to the Teyes or the 9" or 10" systems. This is specific to the actual frames. The frames are not manufactured by Teyes, they are made by certain factories and all the head unit suppliers will provide their head unit whether it be Teyes CC3, XTRON or any cheap replica. They all use the same frames. for exampe here is a link directly to the 9" frame

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003704205123.html

These are mass produced for the LHD market and pre-programmed to be LHD. I've heard that the newer 10" frames they've started to make this changable through settings but have yet to see it actually being implemented. As it stands, the only way to swap the climate buttons around is to switch resistors around. Here is a video demo showing the RHD climate switched by removing resistors and re-soldering them.

Appreciate the response, would be great to see a tutorial as to which resistors you swap around if you're ever at a loose end!
Seems a very smart unit, really brings the car into the 2020s.

Thanks for all the information. It was very helpful.

Then it means we have to purchase Version A with its harnesses using the connection backside of my current head unit in order to work with our ML sound system.

On 2/5/2023 at 8:54 PM, Zaekker said:

You're right, I don't have USB port. Just 3.5mm aux which I already had to replace.

So you need type B of Teyes or if you getting from your eBay link then the non-fibre version. I replaced the 3.5mm aux socket in my armrest with an OEM looking universal one that has 3.5mm and USB and the USB is connected to one of the Teyes USB ports. This gives me access to loading files on the Teyes for side-loading apps. Or loading content etc as well as doing firmware updates. 

On 2/5/2023 at 8:54 PM, Zaekker said:

As you have teyes unit and been using it for a while, can you briefly describe the functionality of temperature control and steering wheel controls for the audio as well as volume knob on CD changer. Is all of that work as it supposed to? I'm asking cause there's a lot of different informations regarding those controllers in RHD cars.

Temperature controls are controlled by a CANBUS module box that is included. The temperature can be adjusted directly through the universal frame that comes with it, as well as you can control the temperature through the Air Conditoning settings in the Vehicle Settings App. The one issue you will face is that the frame is mass produced for the LHD market and hence the drivers climate/temperature +/- buttons will be on the opposite side. And the confuse the matter more, when you set the drivers position in the setting to RIGHT, the display will show the drivers temperature on the correct side but the physical buttons will be on the wrong side. I've corrected this by reverse-engineering the PCB board and figuring out the resistors linked to it and de-soldering and moving the 4 resistors around.

As for steering wheel controls. Out of the box it's all pre-programmed. So it will do everything it is pre-programmed to do. Volume, Up and Down, Prev Next Track etc all work. There is a setting that sometimes you have to enable to flip the Next and Previous track around as in some cases it's wrong way round. The voice button is pre-programmed to the Teyes Voice system. You CANNOT custom program the steering wheel buttons to whatever you want it to do out of the box. Regardless of what you read in the chinese listings. The listings are universal adverts for the unit in general. I adapted it so I can re-program the voice button to map with Siri or Android Auto. But this required a modifcation on the Teyes loom.

As for the volue knob on the CD changer. This is know as the master car volume and is seperate to the system volume that is adjusted via the steering wheel volume dials. What I do is keep my master car volume at about 36/37 (Mine is an ML) and then I keep my android system volume at 7 or 8 via the steering wheel control.

Hope that helps.

On 2/6/2023 at 3:21 PM, Monika.K said:

Then it means we have to purchase Version A with its harnesses using the connection backside of my current head unit in order to work with our ML sound system.

Whether you need A or B depends on what factory system you have as explained in previous posts. In general, if you have a USB port that lets you play mp3 files via your factory navigation system then you need Model A Teyes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2023 at 11:30 AM, ahmed24 said:

So you need type B of Teyes or if you getting from your eBay link then the non-fibre version. I replaced the 3.5mm aux socket in my armrest with an OEM looking universal one that has 3.5mm and USB and the USB is connected to one of the Teyes USB ports. This gives me access to loading files on the Teyes for side-loading apps. Or loading content etc as well as doing firmware updates. 

Temperature controls are controlled by a CANBUS module box that is included. The temperature can be adjusted directly through the universal frame that comes with it, as well as you can control the temperature through the Air Conditoning settings in the Vehicle Settings App. The one issue you will face is that the frame is mass produced for the LHD market and hence the drivers climate/temperature +/- buttons will be on the opposite side. And the confuse the matter more, when you set the drivers position in the setting to RIGHT, the display will show the drivers temperature on the correct side but the physical buttons will be on the wrong side. I've corrected this by reverse-engineering the PCB board and figuring out the resistors linked to it and de-soldering and moving the 4 resistors around.

As for steering wheel controls. Out of the box it's all pre-programmed. So it will do everything it is pre-programmed to do. Volume, Up and Down, Prev Next Track etc all work. There is a setting that sometimes you have to enable to flip the Next and Previous track around as in some cases it's wrong way round. The voice button is pre-programmed to the Teyes Voice system. You CANNOT custom program the steering wheel buttons to whatever you want it to do out of the box. Regardless of what you read in the chinese listings. The listings are universal adverts for the unit in general. I adapted it so I can re-program the voice button to map with Siri or Android Auto. But this required a modifcation on the Teyes loom.

As for the volue knob on the CD changer. This is know as the master car volume and is seperate to the system volume that is adjusted via the steering wheel volume dials. What I do is keep my master car volume at about 36/37 (Mine is an ML) and then I keep my android system volume at 7 or 8 via the steering wheel control.

Hope that helps.

Whether you need A or B depends on what factory system you have as explained in previous posts. In general, if you have a USB port that lets you play mp3 files via your factory navigation system then you need Model A Teyes.

I'd like to get some help. We ordered the type A for the facelift. You wrote that we need to keep the OEM head unit back. Can you share us a picture about the connections? Will the Teyes provide such description how to do it?  Because we don't want to experiment with  the mechanic for a whole day. 

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links