Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Roof bars and roof box recommendations/experience

New to Lexus, have recently ordered UX 250h PREMIUM PACK WITH 18" WHEELS, TAHARA, BSM & RCTA, due end of July 2023.  Coming from a Mazda CX-5 2.2D.  Only downside I can see is smaller boot which I think I can just about live with, we are a retired couple with rough collie dog and occasional trips with grandkids….My contingency plan should I need extra space is roof bars and box (will probably not put dog and grandkids in box…), any recommendations?TIA

Great car, I'm sure you'll be happy with Lexus and coming from diesel to hybrid.

Did you test drive before taking the plunge?

Roof box, I can highly recommend the Thule Touring M 

https://www.thule.com/en-nz/cargo-carrier/car-top-carrier/thule-touring-m-_-634200

Its light, can be put on by 1 person. It opens at each side so dual hinged It also had rapid clamps 4) 2 per side that are so simple to fix to your crossbars.

Essentially means you can fit it on in minutes and also remove in minutes, which can help even if your away by removing it/storing it so your not having to drive around with roofbox all the time.

For the UX, it looks like you can get either genuine Lexus roofbars or Thule probably do them also, suspect both of these fit straight onto the UX,s roof rails. 

Hopefully another member with a UX may be able to advise which bars are best 

Thanks for replying.  Yes, I did test drive and was very impressed.  Ideally I would go for NX but 2023 sold out and expensive, I specced the UX to just below £40k to avoid higher road tax.  Liked the CX-5 but many experiencing problems with diesels as they get older due to DPF/EGR problems, plus I have always fancied owning a Lexus.  I will look at Thule Touring M. Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links