Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h SE-i 2010 Mods / Customisation

Hey sorry I thought I’d put all my 2010 RX450h SE-I car mod/customisation questions in one bunch:

1) The parking sensors despite being set to the further green bar still only seem to register close to an object. My Kia would beep from the front even in drive-thrus behind the other car. Could I ask Lexus during my service to add 2 sensors to the front and adjust/check the other 2 and the rear 4 are working correctly?

2) I’m going to try and ask Lexus for the part Q-Safe Blinker 01 kit so that I can install comfort 3 indications, but could I ask Lexus to increase the volume of the signals as they’re only audible with music or talking?

3) I kept getting TRC OFF displaying whenever stationary or driving casually around, afterwards I saw I had a slow puncture on my rear right and changed the tire. I had assumed the TRC OFF appeared due to that but it’s still popping up, is this a fault as I’m not driving recklessly? Also, does 2010 RX450h SE-I have tire pressure sensors? With my Kia I would get an orange symbol on the dash showing {!} which meant a tire was low, however, the tire that needed changing was down to 18psi but no warning appeared, if the car doesn’t have them, is there a small mod to add the function?

4) Finally, 😊 with regards to MPG. When I first collected and put petrol in the car I drove home on the motorway and stuck eco mode on and stuck to 60mph, I managed to get the average to 38mpg, however, it has dropped now to 33 with around town driving. I had wanted to install side steps but worry that will drag the mpg down more, apart from fully aired tires, driving with a gentle foot, and eco mode, is there anything that can increase the mpg? Maybe an eco remap? Or an additive to the petrol?

5) Finally +1, whenever I put the head unit onto the radio or Bluetooth or climate, it automatically after about 10 seconds takes me back to the setup menu, is there a way to stop this from happening?

Thank you!

Did you buy your car from Lexus, or a dealer or...

( Maybe it's me, but it feels like there are a few more issues than there should be, or maybe that was reflected in the price? )

Regards.

• Like 1

I'll try and answer the ones I can.

3. If the TRC OFF was due to the low tyre pressure, it shoud clear after a few on/off cycles. There's no tyre pressure sensor on that model/year, I just check my tyre pressures every week or so.

4. 33mpg around town isn't bad, I get around 30 mpg (not in ECO mode), and 38mpg at a steady 60 sounds about right. I averaged 40 mpg on a very long run once at 60-65. I have found that E5 petrol makes a noticeable difference, especially Esso, which is zero ethanol.

5. I can't be certain but I think in the manual that there's a setting to change how the display switches screens.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 5:59 PM, PCM said:

Did you buy your car from Lexus, or a dealer or...

( Maybe it's me, but it feels like there are a few more issues than there should be, or maybe that was reflected in the price? )

Regards.

I got it from a dealer, it was a good price but I never checked the underneath so hopefully that isn't too expensive haha! I have been quoted £600-£800 to repair the leather seats in the front as obviously the car is over 10 years so needs some TLC, but the cosmetics are low down on the list for now!

• Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 7:58 PM, Bluemarlin said:

I'll try and answer the ones I can.

3. If the TRC OFF was due to the low tyre pressure, it shoud clear after a few on/off cycles. There's no tyre pressure sensor on that model/year, I just check my tyre pressures every week or so.

4. 33mpg around town isn't bad, I get around 30 mpg (not in ECO mode), and 38mpg at a steady 60 sounds about right. I averaged 40 mpg on a very long run once at 60-65. I have found that E5 petrol makes a noticeable difference, especially Esso, which is zero ethanol.

5. I can't be certain but I think in the manual that there's a setting to change how the display switches screens.

3) Yes I've just watched a video on the placement of the sensor button and my model doesn't have it, may look into if there's an option to have it retro fitted in the future, but will keep an eye on the TRC OFF for now see if it keeps coming back

4) I will look to try better petrol next time I refuel, I'm also looking at a K&N filter and some injector cleaner, maybe a terraclean in the future as well to keep everything running smooth

5) Yes there is a setting it's sorted now 🙂 attached photo incase anyone else needs help too

a_s_off.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MJZ97 said:

I got it from a dealer, it was a good price but I never checked the underneath so hopefully that isn't too expensive haha! I have been quoted £600-£800 to repair the leather seats in the front as obviously the car is over 10 years so needs some TLC, but the cosmetics are low down on the list for now!

How bad are the seats? If they're actually torn/ripped then obviously they'll need a proper repair.  However,  if they just look a bit cracked, there are products that will get them looking much better for little cost.

My car is 12 years and admittedly the seats are in good shape, but I use the leather repair paint from the Furniture Clinic and the seats come up like new.  It's  quick to do and just requires cleaning the seat, applying the product with a sponge, and letting it dry. It only takes a few minutes a seat. They do other products if you need to repair any actual damage.

They will colour match your leather if you send them a sample.  It only needs to be about an inch square, and I found that if you pull out the front head rest there's enough excess on there.

https://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/leather-care-products/leather-dyes-restoration/leather-repair-paint

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links