Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus LC 500 Exhaust Valve Controller for Sale

wilksy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I fitted it no problem but I did take the boot seal, the entire carpeted side trim and a bit of carpeted trim across the boot hinges out as well to make it easier to plug in. I’m not sure I could have done it as per the instructions as it’d be very tight in there.

The remote clicks the relay, some of the pins change voltage and I *think* it makes a difference but it’s not exactly obvious. My mistake was fitting it almost as soon as I got the car… so now I need to take it back off and play spot the difference.

Everybody raves about it but I’m on the fence until I can do more miles without it fitted and compare properly. Not what you wanted to hear I expect!

Sadly not but appreciate the honesty! I do love the roar of the engine (first 10 - 20 seconds) on start up and when you give it some… I take it the controller gives you the ability to close or open? Surely just a case of pressing the switch?

The newer version gives an option of setting ignition-on exhaust start up ‘state’ with a switch on the unit, then the remote to control on/off. The earlier one I have has no switch on the unit, just the remote. Press that and the bypass opens or closes. I need to fiddle more to be sure it’s doing what it’s supposed to as I’d have thought the relay wouldn’t just be momentary and should hold it’s on or off state. I’m not sure it’s doing that.

As it happens I have a spare unit. Brand new in the box built in March this year.

Bit of a long story but I ordered one and the shipping company kind of lost track of it mid-atlantic for a few weeks.  Rob sent me another via Fedex which turned up quickly and then a couple of days later the original arrived!

If someone wants it, can I suggest that you contact Rob and agree a price for this unit. Pay Rob directly and get him to email me (russell@lls.lls.com) saying it's good to go.

I ended up paying 70 quid import duty on the Fedex one but nothing on the original and in an ideal world it would be nice to split that so whoever wants it would then owe me 35 quid plus postage. I can send via UPS for around a tenner or collect from East Northamptonshire.

Fitting was a fiddle for my largeish hands but Rob's video and instruction manual is clear and accurate and it took about half an hour.

I didnt realise there were 2 versions. For me it is clearly noticeable when switched to open. I have it set to default factory setting on startup.

Have to admit I dont use it as much as I expected. Its a bit of a toy/gizmo tbh. I had a switchable OEM exhaust on my previous car and used that a lot more. I dont think I realised just how much louder it would be alwasy open - it is significantly loud!

It is fiddly to fit but it is a nice plug and play unit. Would I buy it again knowing what I know now? Probably not - but each to their own. 🙂

• Like 2

The difference is much more noticeable on the pre-GPF cars.

Would be good to do a back to back test of noise if we are ever in the same place & same time! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So…. After extensive testing. I’m pleased.

The sound at idle to my ears, is broadly the same. However below 3k RPM, it’s much more burbly and noticeably louder. 

Is it a game changer? Does it provide good bang for buck. Yes! easily reversible too. 

What I would say is that our cabins are sooo well insulated the windows do need to be down to really discern the difference. 

• Like 2

100% agreed- I was driving up Dorchester high street a few weeks ago with the windows down and the difference was very apparent with it open vs shut.

• 9 months later...

Hi All 

Before I create a new thread I thought I'd try resurrecting this one to sell my LC Exhaust Valve controller - it is the newer configurable item. Has been fitted to my own LC which was pre GPF so very noticeable but either way even on post GPF cars will be a noticeable change.

Will take £200 all in. Plug and Play and doesn't take long to fit. PM me if you are interested.

My guess is if you want the valve to be open all the time you can do it in 2 ways. Please let me know if I’m correct or not. 

1. disconnect the cables under the car for each side. Easily done. But you need to protect the connectors with tape. Here is the risk of getting moisture in the connectors fittings, so I don’t think this would work in the long run. 

2. disconnect the 2 plugs in the cars trunk instead of installing the controller. This will make the valve open all the time. No moister coming in.

for both methods the car needs to be off. 

Possibly - I think you would be better of buying the controller given its a couple of hundred. That gives you controllable and preset options to control the valves at a touch of a button and no connectors are left disconnected.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links