Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2023 LC500 update

Jondun

Hi All,

Has anyone seen this: https://www.evo.co.uk/lexus/lc500/205816/2023-lexus-lc-reworked-chassis-and-updated-interior-for-flagship-gt or this: https://www.autoevolution.com/news/lexus-launches-the-lc-ultimate-edition-with-bigger-screen-and-samurai-inspired-upholstery-213137.html?

I drove the 500 about three years ago and loved it but the one aspect I hated was the fiddly trackpad; probably even more awkward for me as I'd evolved with BMWs iDrive control wheel over four different models since 2009.

That was a significant deciding factor which influenced my choice in buying a BMW 840 coupe just over a year ago. I love the car but have never forgotten the 500 and the above articles have rekindled my interest.

I spoke with my local dealer yesterday who said he'd check and get back to me.

In the meantime I'd appreciate any input from existing owners - many thanks.

Jon D 

There’s another thread here - the big plus in my opinion is a 360 camera. According to the US forums the new user interface isn’t Lexus’s best. Plus it looks nailed on - they must have headhunted the Mercedes iPad hot glue gun man, sorry, designer.
Mine has CarPlay and with the solid response you get back from the trackpad it works ok. Not as good as a BMW idrive controller circa 2006 but it does the job.

To be honest the knob or lack of it wasn’t really part of my buying decision - I came from a Maserati that’s not even got full postcode satnav never mind any tech invented in the last 15 years. If tech bothers you and you don’t want to wait for a brand new 2024 model go for a post ‘20 car with CarPlay as that’s got Waze and Spotify on it which I use all the time now.

Agreed that they should have put the 360 degree camera on the original model. The long nose makes this pretty essential.

Am I bothered about anything else? Not really.

28 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

Agreed that they should have put the 360 degree camera on the original model. The long nose makes this pretty essential.

Am I bothered about anything else? Not really.

The 360 is a definite omission for their halo sports car… but it’s got a rear camera and front sensors I suppose, both more than my last car had.

To quote the desperate BMW salesman when we test drove an i3 with zero cameras and questioned the lack of them on a 30 grand hatchback “it’ll help you hone your driving skills”. Riiiigghht.

Tech wasn’t even on my radar when I was looking at AMG GTs and LCs. Looks, noise, performance, heart over head 110%. You only live once.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links