Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Serious steering wobble

Gedwood

Hoping someone can throw light on my issue.

Mostly my SC430 (late 2004) runs smooth and well.

I recently spent a lot on getting steering cam bolts changed, 4 wheel alignment and a new front tyre.

Admittedly on awful Heads of the Valleys road surface, but steering wheel rattled violently at 55-65 mph. I took it straight to the tyre place, who checked the balance of both front wheels, said that they weren't out enough to notice, but rebalanced them anyway. Revisit to the same road gave exactly the same wobbly result. Do I next look to getting front shocks replaced, or is there a cheaper option steering damper to investigate first?

Optimistically hoping for a cheap solution here, as first shocks price I found was £700 pair 😞

If it just happens on this specific stretch of road then there are TWO options

1. avoid that road  and 

2. put up with it until you're past that stretch of road 

.................. both very inexpensive options to my mind and then you won't have to trouble that tyre place again and keep your £££££ in YOUR own pocket  😉

Malc

• Haha 1

oh my, the death wobble , earthquake like .  and a lawsuit .  even if you're dead .  followed by a lawsuit .  ah, ok, it's in the USA and anyway .  it's a left-hooker so maybe not relevant to the Highway to Hell ..... in Blaenau / Gwent    🥶

Malc  😅

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links