Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radio reception goes since installing dash cam

baldheadslick

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and hoping to solve a problem.

Since having a front and rear Nextbase dash cam installed, every time I put the rear defroster on the radio reception goes. It's not a DAB radio by the way.

The dash cam company sent me some ferrite cores which I installed but they make no difference.

Coincidentally, I've also noticed that when using Spotify and Tidal the steering controls and dashboard controls don't seem to work. I can turn the volume up or down but can't skip tracks. This may be totally unrelated but I've only just noticed it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, baldheadslick said:

Since having a front and rear Nextbase dash cam installed, every time I put the rear defroster on the radio reception goes. It's not a DAB radio by the way.

One possibility, Shaun, is that when fitting the rear camera the connection to the built-in aerial in the rear screen has been damaged or disconnected.  Or even the continuity of the aerial in the screen has been damaged.

My car suddenly developed the same symptom - albeit long after the rear camera was fitted - but shortly after a Dealer service.  The problem was rectified by the Dealer - apparently by replacing the rear screen FOC! 

It’s possible that my Service Contract covered such replacement or they felt responsible in some way.  Frankly, I wasn’t too bothered about having an inquest as to how the problem was caused, which I think the Dealer appreciated!

I hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links