Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ghost 2 immobiliser, not yet!

12 minutes ago, szhrmp said:

I am just confused, some people seem to successfully manage to install the ghost on NX with model year 23 - but apparently this should not be possible.

maybe not all canbus traffic is encrypted ? Only the one going to the lights?

I had one fitted but had it taken out as some safety features did not work, but the man from Autowatch said that they were not working on that part of the system.  They spent most of the day trying to get more two buttons to work as the pass code and run the 12 volt Battery down and that could had an effect. Lexus checked the car and all is well. Autowatch say it is good to fit. 

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, szhrmp said:

did you get a fob for the ghost or key entry?

Neither, you have to punch in a sequence of buttons located in the car, you can program up to 20 ( as long as you have a good memory )

Just a thought, if Ghost is activated / deactivated by pressing a series of buttons, what happens as and when Lexus issue a software update?

Ghost works when the thief has entered the car, in that he will be unable to start the vehicle. However damage may have been caused by gaining entry. I appreciate that there are likely to be stickers on the window warning of Ghost, however there is no guarantee that the thief has seen them or will be deterred by them. I would prefer the DiskLok which covers the whole steering wheel and provides an immediate visual deterrent. Obviously its  downside is that it is cumbersome.

39 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Just a thought, if Ghost is activated / deactivated by pressing a series of buttons, what happens as and when Lexus issue a software update?

Ghost works when the thief has entered the car, in that he will be unable to start the vehicle. However damage may have been caused by gaining entry. I appreciate that there are likely to be stickers on the window warning of Ghost, however there is no guarantee that the thief has seen them or will be deterred by them. I would prefer the DiskLok which covers the whole steering wheel and provides an immediate visual deterrent. Obviously its  downside is that it is cumbersome.

My Ghost has been on the car for 6 years, with lots of software updates, and has not had any effect.

You can go on and on with different devices, so how you try and protect you car will be down to each persons preference, any device can be got around.

DiskLok is a visual deterrent but still will not stop thieves entering your car and causing damage.

if they enter the car or smash a window, or tilt the car the alarm will go off

3 hours ago, WhiteHart said:

Ghost now fitted and all is well. Can sleep a little easier now. 

so what has changed to the last failed attempt to fit the ghost in your car, did autowatch update the software of the ghost?

32 minutes ago, szhrmp said:

so what has changed to the last failed attempt to fit the ghost in your car, did autowatch update the software of the ghost?

Autowatch believe it was the 12 volt Battery running down while they spent hours trying to get more than one button working. I had them take it out as I was driving to Scotland and needed to be sure. 

41 minutes ago, WhiteHart said:

Autowatch believe it was the 12 volt battery running down while they spent hours trying to get more than one button working. I had them take it out as I was driving to Scotland and needed to be sure. 

Do you know if Ghost consumes any energy when activated and the car is stood idle for a few days. It has crossed my mind whether the small 12v Battery can cope🤔

12 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

Do you know if Ghost consumes any energy when activated and the car is stood idle for a few days. It has crossed my mind whether the small 12v battery can cope

I think the ghost is just a passive circuit which is activated when the car is switched on (unlike a tracker).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

Do you know if Ghost consumes any energy when activated and the car is stood idle for a few days. It has crossed my mind whether the small 12v battery can cope🤔

I have left my car for 3 weeks with no problem

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links