Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Milenco steering wheel lock

beyond the blue

I bought a Milenco steering wheel lock a couple of days ago for my ES. The only place it will fit because of the gear paddles and the other wide spoke, is at the top of the wheel. Because of this and the weight of it, the lock is quite loose and can easily slip down and damage the plastic paddles. I got round this by covering the lock bar with some B&Q adhesive type 15mm pipe lagging, ok it’s not my best DIY job but it makes it nice and snug and protects the wheel covering from denting as it still does even with the latest design.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

Because of this and the weight of it, the lock is quite loose and can easily slip down and damage the plastic paddles. I got round this by covering the lock bar with some B&Q adhesive type 15mm pipe lagging, ok it’s not my best DIY job but it makes it nice and snug and protects the wheel covering from denting as it still does even with the latest design.

Neil, I contacted Milenco in Milton Keynes to check out the latest version - the Steering Lock Plus - which has pads that you place on the Lock to protect the wheel.  They referred me to the Milenco Outlet.

I notice that a pair of these protective pads can be purchased separately if you’re interested in replacing your pipe lagging.

https://www.milenco-outlet.co.uk/security/milenco-steering-wheel-soft-pad-pair.html

• Like 1

I owned two different steering wheel bars which relied on a key/tumbler arrangement to lock it.  The steel which they were made from was extremely thick and too thick to cut through them.  Both were thrown on to the back seat after both lock barrels were picked/damaged to unlock the device.    It's the weakest link in all steering wheel security bars and thieves know it.  

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links