Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Recall!!!

47 minutes ago, Ken R said:

Had the DC-DC converter replacement (YGG27) carried out today along with the "cure" for the frozen door locks that were a problem last winter. As usual a full health check was also carried out.

I was given an RZ courtesy car whilst the above repairs were being done. Lovely car to drive and amazing acceleration. Negative points for me are lack of rear wiper and range. Full charge gave an indicated 165 miles. If that possible range was doubled I would be a customer!

Thanks for the update Ken - mine's in tomorrow for the DC-DC thingy. No-one has mentioned the frozen door lock "cure" to me. Maybe we are two overcoats warmer in Yorkshire than you in the 'frozen North'!! 😂

On the subject of RZ, I foolishly requested a settlement fig on my PCP and the Lexus salesman was straight on the phone. I got in a conversation about the RZ and they gave me some figures to change, which I thought were quite promising. But my words were very similar to yours - add 100 onto the range (people on the RZ forum are reporting real world figures of around 190) and I'd be interested.

My concern as it stands at the moment is that at the next 'facelift' they are likely to find a way to substantially increase range (they did that with the Volvo XC40) and I was concerned about the effect that would have on the resale value of the current model?

Edited by Alan Thompson
add detail.

Mine has had the DC-DC swap today, also I reported continual problem with fuel flap.

I thought I'd had it sorted last year, but it appears I was quick off the mark before it had become a service issue and all they did was grease it!!

They are ordering me a new flap!!

As for the frozen door locks, apparently my car isn't affected! It wasn't last year to be fair, so we'll see what this winter brings. At least if it is cold and does freeze, the steam coming out of my ears will be enough to defrost it 😁

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links