Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Recall!!!

Just got a letter today about Recall Campaign YGG27

DC-DC Converter Replacement.

Letter states (I precis): converter needed to reduce voltage from HV Battery to charge the 12v Battery. It's possible the current rectifying module on the circuit board was damaged in production could fail causing a short circuit.

Lower down the letter it states in Capitals:

'IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO NOT PLUG YOUR VEHICLE IN TO CHARGE THE HIGH VOLTAGE Battery WHEN THE TEMPERATURE IS BELOW 5 DEGREES CELSIUS'

Lexus Leeds say likely to take up to 2 hours (although I think this is just a finger in the air statement as it's not listed yet on their computer). But can't fit me in until early October. So, a bit of jeopardy - will the temp drop to 5 degrees before I get it rectified?

Will I be able to recharge for fuel used because I couldn't charge the Battery?

I guess thjs is more likely to affect Ken R and his friends in Bonny Scotland than me in the balmy climes of West Yorkshire 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Alan Thompson said:

I guess thjs is more likely to affect Ken R and his friends in Bonny Scotland than me in the balmy climes of West Yorkshire 😂

They will not recall my car as I am in London 😀

3 hours ago, Alan Thompson said:

Just to add - my car was built jan/feb 22 so I suspect that only a relatively small number of cars are affected?

Alan I'm not sure when my 430h was built as it was a cancelled order that I acquired new. The numeric part of my VIN is 902015851. I'm aware that the trailing numbers are serial so are related to build date. Is yours earlier or later than mine? Appreciate your reply.

Cheers

Colin

7 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

Alan I'm not sure when my 430h was built as it was a cancelled order that I acquired new. The numeric part of my VIN is 902015851. I'm aware that the trailing numbers are serial so are related to build date. Is yours earlier or later than mine? Appreciate your reply.

Cheers

Colin

If that means yours was the 15851st to be built mine was 1637th

Don't know if that's what you meant?

Just now, Alan Thompson said:

If that means yours was the 15851st to be built mine was 1637th

Don't know if that's what you meant?

I put my vin into the Lexus recall checker and it said no outstanding recalls if yours was made later than mine I'd have expected mine to need the recall too

6 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

I put my vin into the Lexus recall checker and it said no outstanding recalls if yours was made later than mine I'd have expected mine to need the recall too

Not necessarily, the fault that needs the recall was only introduced after yours was built. A completely different batch of (now faulty) components by then

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hayzee said:

Yours is 15800 mine is 1600 Yours is well after the faulty batch of components

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alan Thompson said:

Yours is 15800 mine is 1600 Yours is well after the faulty batch of components

Just checked my VIN and it's build number 2228 so not sure if mine will be affected. Certainly haven't received any notification

I was expecting the recall to be about the exterior door handles in advance of winter temperatures!

• Like 1

Just checked via the recall checker and my car is involved! Will be phoning the dealer tomorrow as overnight temperatures here are already dipping towards single figures!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ken R said:

Just checked my VIN and it's build number 2228 so not sure if mine will be affected. Certainly haven't received any notification

I was expecting the recall to be about the exterior door handles in advance of winter temperatures!

Ken what's the last 5 digits of your VIN?

Car booked in for recall however there is a 4 week wait for parts so having to wait until 3 October! This, I believe, has been a known issue on the Australian market since July so why oh why didn't Lexus UK order parts then so that the UK recall could be done swiftly? 

10 hours ago, Ken R said:

Apologies but I now believe it is the last 7 numbers which are unique. These numbers are also etched on every window on our vehicles. In my case it is 2015851

42 minutes ago, Ken R said:

Car booked in for recall however there is a 4 week wait for parts so having to wait until 3 October! This, I believe, has been a known issue on the Australian market since July so why oh why didn't Lexus UK order parts then so that the UK recall could be done swiftly? 

Interesting Ken. They said to me 3rd Oct was first availability too.

On 9/1/2023 at 9:59 AM, Hayzee said:

Apologies but I now believe it is the last 7 numbers which are unique. These numbers are also etched on every window on our vehicles. In my case it is 2015851

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Doctor said:

I just got the letter (via lease company so a bit delayed in transit) but got booked in at Lexus Derby the week after next. Hopefully they don't then decide the part needs to be ordered 🙄

That's pretty quick. The earliest I could get was the first week of October.

On 9/1/2023 at 9:28 AM, Ken R said:

Not Good Service from lexus On This occasion ken.. I Agree you would Think that lexus would have better organised this recall..Know how you must feel Mate.. so Frustrating..!!!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ken R said:

I guess that's the downside of buying a brand new model! Dealer has been superb though and therefore doing their bit in letting me keep the faith!

Agree With That Ken You always get some Glitches Which we have to put up with But overall You Have a Great Car BTW was in Edinburgh Lexus Yesterday For its intermediary Service All Went Well Thankfully Must say the service and Treatment from Lexus Edinburgh is Excellent ... Had a Nail in the Back Tyre which they sorted ( no Charge ) i didnt know about it but they spotted it when they removed the wheels...Even took a video and sent it to me when i was still Waiting..Wonderfull service They called it an "A " Service not an intermediary service have you come across that title Ken ? Regards Ron

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Agree With That Ken You always get some Glitches Which we have to put up with But overall You Have a Great Car BTW was in Edinburgh Lexus Yesterday For its intermediary Service All Went Well Thankfully Must say the service and Treatment from Lexus Edinburgh is Excellent ... Had a Nail in the Back Tyre which they sorted ( no Charge ) i didnt know about it but they spotted it when they removed the wheels...Even took a video and sent it to me when i was still Waiting..Wonderfull service They called it an "A " Service not an intermediary service have you come across that title Ken ? Regards Ron

Hi Ron

Have only come across the terms of Major (every 20000 miles) and Intermediate services (every 10000 miles) but they have possibly changed terminology. You will have the benefit of the Relax warranty. I agree the customer care at Lexus Edinburgh is exemplary. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Had the DC-DC converter replacement (YGG27) carried out today along with the "cure" for the frozen door locks that were a problem last winter. As usual a full health check was also carried out.

I was given an RZ courtesy car whilst the above repairs were being done. Lovely car to drive and amazing acceleration. Negative points for me are lack of rear wiper and range. Full charge gave an indicated 165 miles. If that possible range was doubled I would be a customer!

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links