Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spare wheel

I currently have a Yaris Cross Excel and was tempted to look at the LBX. However, for similar money (£35k) I can get an UX250H pre.reg with 10 miles and a Premium Pack.

I had a RAV4 PHEV but felt I didn't need such a large car anymore hence the change to the YX. Is there a spare wheel 'well' on the UX and does anyone know if the 18" space saver I removed from my RAV4 would fit?

I must say that although I didn't need such a large car it seems that I still do want one 😂.

I have a feeling that Don C may be in part responsible for looking at the UX 😁.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LMM said:

I currently have a Yaris Cross Excel and was tempted to look at the LBX. However, for similar money (£35k) I can get an UX250H pre.reg with 10 miles and a Premium Pack.

I had a RAV4 PHEV but felt I didn't need such a large car anymore hence the change to the YX. Is there a spare wheel 'well' on the UX and does anyone know if the 18" space saver I removed from my RAV4 would fit?

I must say that although I didn't need such a large car it seems that I still do want one 😂.

I’ll be up in Nairn later in the month if you want a look William 😉.  The space saver will fit but you’d have to just try the nuts because Lexus tend to use very thick alloy wheels and long studs.  The domed nuts might bottom out.  

9 hours ago, LMM said:

I have a UX with 17" wheels. Have bought the space saver of the Toyota CH-R that fits perfectly. And it fits perfetly under the pavement of the trunk, just above the tyre jack, utensils and the small tyre compressor with the repair can.

20 hours ago, Don C said:

I’ll be up in Nairn later in the month if you want a look William 😉.  The space saver will fit but you’d have to just try the nuts because Lexus tend to use very thick alloy wheels and long studs.  The domed nuts might bottom out.  

Very kind offer Don - might be able to do that. Do a triangle Wed - Friday (Muir of Ord, Inverness and Invergordon). My dearest wife is in the Community Hospital in Invergordon whilst we arrange a suitable nursing hoe (scarcer than hen's teeth and rocking horse doo-dah). Inverness is work those days.

13 hours ago, Bezzer said:

Standard UX will be 17” wheels, won’t it depend if it’s just a premium pack or the pack and 18” ones

You're right Mick - the ones I have been looking at have 18" wheels.

12 hours ago, gdamorini said:

I have a UX with 17" wheels. Have bought the space saver of the Toyota CH-R that fits perfectly. And it fits perfetly under the pavement of the trunk, just above the tyre jack, utensils and the small tyre compressor with the repair can.

Thanks for the info. Daniele 👍

I can confirm that it isn’t possible to put a wheel under the lower deck.  You can’t put much of anything in mine as it has the control unit for the AWD but even without it, you wouldn’t get a wheel in.  You might get a spacesaver in the middle level.  I would imagine a scrapper of the right real would have the purpose made styrene insert.   

IMG_5451.jpeg

8 hours ago, LMM said:

Thanks Don - appreciate that. My PHEV was AWD but don't see any need for it now.

It’s only because I still work part time but go all times of night from the Buxton area.  It can make the difference between getting home or not!

On 10/7/2023 at 11:46 PM, Don C said:

I can confirm that it isn’t possible to put a wheel under the lower deck.  You can’t put much of anything in mine as it has the control unit for the AWD but even without it, you wouldn’t get a wheel in.  You might get a spacesaver in the middle level.  I would imagine a scrapper of the right real would have the purpose made styrene insert.   

IMG_5451.jpeg

As i wrote in my post above, in my UX (not AWD) the space saver fits perfectly under the pavement of the trunk and above the tyre jack and compressor. Obviously i have taken out the plastic container that was under the pavement of the trunk.

On 10/8/2023 at 9:06 PM, Don C said:

It’s only because I still work part time but go all times of night from the Buxton area.  It can make the difference between getting home or not!

I understand your location now - many, many years ago visited the Micrarium. Believe it's gone now.

13 hours ago, gdamorini said:

As i wrote in my post above, in my UX (not AWD) the space saver fits perfectly under the pavement of the trunk and above the tyre jack and compressor. Obviously i have taken out the plastic container that was under the pavement of the trunk.

Thanks Daniele - I'll have a look.

See new thread - deals are back.................

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links