Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yearly check (MOT) done on my 2007 350 SE-L

A clean bill of health from the yearly MOT test on my 2007 350 SE-L here in the UK, I bought this in January to use as one of my dailys and have put nearly 10k miles on it and it now has 73400 miles on it.

When I bought it I had a full service to include plugs, all filters, rear brake discs (rotors) and pads plus the slider pin kits and since then it's been a joy to drive, this week I had front discs (rotors), pads with slider pin kit and both front suspension drop links replaced and next week 2 rear tyres go on. I also went through all of the known water leak areas and sorted all of those plus cleaned the headlights with one of those kits from an automotive store.

It's been a total joy to own and even though it's 16 years old, it's well spec'd and very confortable and i intend to keep it for a while now, it shares the drive with 2 other far more expensive cars but I always choose this to jump into as it's just so easy in every way...

Cheers Greg

1.jpeg

13.jpeg

19.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Had the MOT on my 1996 Volvo 940 petrol estate with 209,000 miles on.

Usual place has stopped doing MOT's as needed 15k upgrade.

Went to another place recommended and passed with 2 advisories.

1st can't understand as front disks look perfect. Corrosion to the disks/worn. Front replaced with brembo disks and only do 1-1.5k a year and disks look perfect. Think he must of meant rear as older than front.

Rear brake hose corroded or covered in grease. Can imagine it's underseal/ waxoil as spray the underside/wheel wells every few years. 

Not bad, so not complaining. A nervous wait!

James.

Volvo 1.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2023 at 6:13 AM, Keeling54 said:

I wasn't so lucky with mine. 

And that wasn't the MOT failure. 

20231106_091632.jpg

Had a 1989 Volvo 240 GLT auto estate that I sold in 2018 and around 4 years prior the nearside front outrigger area looked like that after the rusty hole had been cut away. Re plated it at a cost of £50. Patch around 8 inches by 4. 2 years later rotten again at weld. Removed, cleaned up and re-welded in more metal. Cost this time £150. Was solid still when sold 2 years on.  Good car, covered 72,000 miles with me over 9 years and sold running great at 234,000 miles. B230E mechanical Bosch K jet injection. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links