Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best Lexus Tyre Brand?

nerwo1100

Hello guys, this will be my second post, bear with me. looking for new tyres to my is200. do you guys have any suggestions for good moderate price tyres for 215x45 R17? 

Thanks,
N

Edited by ColinBarber

Hankook would be my choice. I had them on my IS200 when I had one, and was impressed by them in all aspects. They were also on my IS250 when I bought it.

They're arguably a premium brand tyre these days, despite being priced amongst the traditional mid-range brands like Toyo, Khumo, Falken etc.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

Hankook would be my choice. I had them on my IS200 when I had one, and was impressed by them in all aspects. They were also on my IS250 when I bought it.

They're arguably a premium brand tyre these days, despite being priced amongst the traditional mid-range brands like Toyo, Khumo, Falken etc.

John... I Currently have Yokos On Mine But would definately go for Mitchelin Primacy 2 Tyres as i,ve heard Lots of good Reports about them .....!!!

• 1 month later...

My LS500h AWD  is now on it's second set of run flat tyres. All 4 changed  at 32000 miles and a direct replacement set of the original  Bridgestone's which were fitted at the factory.    

I have Bridgestone Potenza Sport currently, very good tyres for grip and braking. I noticed immediate braking improvement and handling. The ride harsher when compared to previous Nexen N'Fera SU1 and even earlier Goodyear AS3 and Uniroyal RainSport3. If budget is a concern, I agree Nexen tyres are a good purchase.

Uniroyal Rainsport 5 on an IS300H drove through huge puddles on the motorway without any hesitation set off x4 keeps the car planted in the rain. Giving confidence levels that make it feel like is this for real it should be dangerous, I wont quote the speed. Highly recommend them if you reside North of the UK like me where we see a lot of rain.

Very general comment (non Lexus) experiences

Bridgstone - harsh feel

Sailun Attrezzo - long mileage, high rated tyrewear

Avon - OK feel, low tyrewear rating

Continental -older model nothing special (70mph blow out did not impress)

Hankook - good compromise high mid range tyre.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links