Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Opinions?

mickw322

Thanks for the comments. For me personally, somebody (a car enthusiast) who hasn't changed the oil in their 3.5yr ownership, makes me think what else have they not bothered doing. 

The colour combo was the hook but the lack of clarity in what he had and had not done, plus the inability to produce any receipts/invoices other than a car Battery in 2021 was sufficient to pull the plug.

6 minutes ago, mickw322 said:

Thanks for the comments. For me personally, somebody (a car enthusiast) who hasn't changed the oil in their 3.5yr ownership, makes me think what else have they not bothered doing. 

The colour combo was the hook but the lack of clarity in what he had and had not done, plus the inability to produce any receipts/invoices other than a car battery in 2021 was sufficient to pull the plug.

If you like that colour combination there is this for a bit more money, but lacking a couple of the other cars bits, coilovers etc.

The Car Warehouse - A different kind of company, a different kind of car<br/><br/>

Just now, Boomer54 said:

If you like that colour combination there is this for a bit more money, but lacking a couple of the other cars bits, coilovers etc.

The Car Warehouse - A different kind of company, a different kind of car<br/><br/>

Doubt it is going anywhere soon. That is still a drive for me ,but closer than Norwich. If you are interested going forward pm me. Where it is I could probably look at that for you and drive it as part of a trip out to Durham. Although that might now be into early January, but if you are interested then let me know. Glad to help out if I can.

24 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

with all that's been said above you might have missed a bit of a bargain ............ 

Malc

I would say that all being equal it might be priced about the right range. I would also say there are enough unknowns that it could equally be one of those that eats up £5k quickly. I wouldn't call it a bargain at all. Indeed, i think he will struggle to sell unless he gets a petrolhead living close enough who can literally drive over and give it an expert eyeball for themselves. The online MOT looks good ,but there is not a scrap of paper for any of the claims made for the car. The mileage, the uncertainty of what you are buying. It's going to be uphill.

4 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

I would say that all being equal it might be priced about the right range. I would also say there are enough unknowns that it could equally be one of those that eats up £5k quickly. I wouldn't call it a bargain at all. Indeed, i think he will struggle to sell unless he gets a petrolhead living close enough who can literally drive over and give it an expert eyeball for themselves. The online MOT looks good ,but there is not a scrap of paper for any of the claims made for the car. The mileage, the uncertainty of what you are buying. It's going to be uphill.

If Michael was not going to be interested in this I thought may be I might be. Trouble is inconsistencies that may be innocent ,or not, no way of telling. The adv states a pile of changes done within the last 1200 miles. However, he says these were all done before his ownership and no paper came with the car relating to them. However, he also says he has owned it 3 1/2 years so about 3,000 miles. You see the issue? 

I prefer to believe the best about people at least until they prove me wrong so perhaps that's an innocent mistake in putting the adv together. I can hardly stand in judgment of that, because I oft do stuff these days, and wonder after the 'general' has  told me, what was I doing.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links