Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Permanent Configuration of Audible Alarms for Speed

My wife and I have recently purchased a new RX350h and I am getting frustrated with audible warnings relating to speed limits, both changing of limit or exceeding the limit. I have looked through items in this and other forums, but cannot find what I am looking for.

I have used the options I can find in the various menus, and successfully muted these audible warnings.  Unfortunately these settings only seem to be transient as next time I drive the car the audible warnings are still given.

• Obvious cause is that I am doing something wrong, don’t know what ,but suggestions welcome.
  • Second possibility is that it needs to be integrated into my driver profile.  I have not found out how to do this, but it would be very useful as my wife, who also drives the, does not have the same need.
  • Third option is a bug in the software, but, I think with Lexus, this is EXTREMELY unlikely.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks

41 minutes ago, Greg Taylor said:

My wife and I have recently purchased a new RX350h and I am getting frustrated with audible warnings relating to speed limits, both changing of limit or exceeding the limit. I have looked through items in this and other forums, but cannot find what I am looking for.

I have used the options I can find in the various menus, and successfully muted these audible warnings.  Unfortunately these settings only seem to be transient as next time I drive the car the audible warnings are still given.

• Obvious cause is that I am doing something wrong, don’t know what ,but suggestions welcome.
  • Second possibility is that it needs to be integrated into my driver profile.  I have not found out how to do this, but it would be very useful as my wife, who also drives the, does not have the same need.
  • Third option is a bug in the software, but, I think with Lexus, this is EXTREMELY unlikely.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks

It's not a bug. Supposedly designed so you have to turn it off each time you drive.

Having said that I think the Americans found a way to turn it off permanently. I'll do some research and see what comes up

Ive looked into this further. 

It seems that if you go on settings > Drive assist and hit the notification tab you should have options for "excess speed caution options", "speed limit change notification"

If you change the speed limit notification slider to off, it will come on again when you start the vehicle. Instead, leave it permanently on and change the "excess speed caution options" to "visual".

That should leave the system on but it shouldnt give you an annoying bong all the time. It seems to have worked in the States but lets see if it works here in the UK

3 hours ago, Greg Taylor said:

Third option is a bug in the software, but, I think with Lexus, this is EXTREMELY unlikely.

Greg, I wish this was still the case...

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 7:47 PM, rayaans said:

Ive looked into this further. 

It seems that if you go on settings > Drive assist and hit the notification tab you should have options for "excess speed caution options", "speed limit change notification"

If you change the speed limit notification slider to off, it will come on again when you start the vehicle. Instead, leave it permanently on and change the "excess speed caution options" to "visual".

That should leave the system on but it shouldnt give you an annoying bong all the time. It seems to have worked in the States but lets see if it works here in the UK

@Greg Taylor Did that work? I'm thinking of getting an RX350H and that was one thing I found annoying on the test drive. Is it also possible to turn off the camera that tracks your eyes and beeps if you aren't looking straight ahead?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links