Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX reliability, from bottom to top

There are a number of aspects when assessing reliability and I think a lot depends on what is included/excluded and the weight given to these.  Perhaps the 'What Car survey' is not likely to be sufficiently comprehensive to be taken as fair.  Nevertheless, a member pointed out quite recently that the 3rd Generation RX was reported as being the most reliable SUV, whereas here the earlier versions get the number 1 position for most unreliable. Quite a turn around! https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/most-and-least-reliable-older-electric-and-hybrid-cars/ss-AA1bMNn5?ocid=BDT3DHP&pc=BDT3&cvid=7f3653a999cc45bbdb28dd73e74962d1&ei=51#image=25

It is just a statistical trend, the problem is most of us are not fleet managers but just have one sample point.

So you may have the most reliable car on the market, but you are the one unlucky person that has a major fault, or you may have a relatively unreliable car but luck out and have no major problems.

I also had a Range Rover a few years ago, out of the 16 vehicles I have owned the Rangie was the most unreliable ever by a long way.

Out of the three RX450h I have had the only problem was a broken rear spring on the first Gen3 at 7 year old.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links