Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX 400h - external boot latch not working

Has anyone come across this problem before?

the boot opens with the key fob but the external button does not work nor does the button on the dashboard.

The external button feels pretty worn and may be damaged.

Thanks for any info.

I checked again and actually the button on the dashboard button does work.

It is only the external button that does not work and it looks damaged (see picture)

Do you think replacing this piece of plastic might fix the issue? I see it is available here 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aramox-Rx400H-Release-Opening-2004-2009/dp/B08Q3P41FT/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?crid=N2BIQN6JPL58&keywords=lexus+rx+400+boot+button&qid=1705674547&quartzVehicle=842-11018&replacementKeywords=400+boot+button&sprefix=lexus+rx+400+boot+button%2Caps%2C66&sr=8-1-fkmr0

PXL_20240119_123431121.jpg

I had the rubber cover shown in your email perish on my 2008 Rx400h---although the catch was still working.

I purchased the same one as shown. in your email. It was a bit fiddly to instal and I ended up using the original screws rather than the ones supplied. It was replaced because I was fearful of water ingress into the switch mechanism. 

All working fine.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links