Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First car! Do you hand over keys?

46 minutes ago, H3XME said:

No point taking it there if your car is older though is what Linas is saying. Cars 2014 or newer can only take advantage of it now.

I think he means there is extended warranty up-to 15 years of age for extra price. 

1 hour ago, Bluemarlin said:

No, I mean the Lexus 10 year plus extended warranty, that can be bought for all cars, and requires servicing by Lexus.

But then basically you paying for warranty twice? So you pay for extended warranty + you pay higher service cost which includes the cost of warranty that your car is no longer eligible for. I mean I guess I get it - if you really want to keep car warranted until it is 15 years old, then this is probably the only way, but I just cannot see how is this "good value for money".

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I think he means there is extended warranty up-to 15 years of age for extra price. 

But then basically you paying for warranty twice? So you pay for extended warranty + you pay higher service cost which includes the cost of warranty that your car is no longer eligible for. I mean I guess I get it - if you really want to keep car warranted until it is 15 years old, then this is probably the only way, but I just cannot see how is this "good value for money".

Depends on usage and attitude to risk Linas. My extended warranty costs £550, and includes UK and European AA cover. Given that I drive to Europe 2 or 3 times a year, and it's hard or expensive to get Euro cover on older cars, the warranty itself is only costing around £350. That's not bad for an older car, with a lot of expensive things that might go wrong.

Like all insurance though it's a gamble, and a matter of peace of mind. The dealer servicing costs me around £260, and once you take off the cost of the hybrid health check there's not a huge saving to be made by going to my local garage.

Sure, I could save a few pounds, but it's just not worth it to me.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links