Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need help to complete software update 2022 UX 250h

I just had a notification of a software update which I have downloaded and installed. However every time I start up I am asked to signify my acceptance of the policy and terms by clicking two boxes, scanning a QR code. The QR code just takes me to the Lexus site and asks me to choose my country, takes me to that country’s site and then nothing more.

I am sure I am missing something obvious but have attached two photos to illustrate. Anyone have any ideas pease? 

IMG_0793.jpeg

IMG_0794.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bluntswood said:

I just had a notification of a software update which I have downloaded and installed. However every time I start up I am asked to signify my acceptance of the policy and terms by clicking two boxes, scanning a QR code. The QR code just takes me to the Lexus site and asks me to choose my country, takes me to that country’s site and then nothing more.

I am sure I am missing something obvious but have attached two photos to illustrate. Anyone have any ideas pease? 

IMG_0793.jpeg

IMG_0794.jpeg

You need to create an account on Lexus Link+ and hold the key up to the power button for it to register to the key.

I have same problem,i try to hold key but not working.dealer said need scan qr code ,just tried one time but look like is not working too

I had this. I had to remove my user and reset it, twice. This gives you a different screen with three buttons (two accept and one decline).

it worked the second time I reset it, and then had to re-associate my key and Iphone!

I installed update accepted T&Cs and everything seemed fine BUT a few days later I realised none of my trips were showing in the Lexus link+ app. Also no location of car as it just said location unavailable while car is switched on & in motion ??it was parked and locked on my drive!!!

There are posts about this update issue on the NX thread too. So after reading them I then realised there was no trip data in the app. as location service switched off in Info. & Security in car settings so switched it on accepted T&Cs and my journey was logged and car location worked again in app. BUT when I next used the car location services off again 😱 After a few times of switching it back on accepting T&Cs every time I started car in the forlorn hope that it might eventually sort itself out I rang dealership. (Didn't have these problems with a previous update sometime in 2023). Service tech. ran through things with me & I had to re.synch my account to the car. Everything seemed fine until car switched on again and back to the same scenario of location services being off 😡.

Fortunately I'm only 11 miles from the dealership &  I had some spare time this afternoon. So I sat having coffee and eating their biscuits while it was sorted. Apparently, the car was removed from my account in the app. and then put back on - sorted! 

Hope this helps but the moral of the story for me is that if I can't sort it easily myself then I'm off to see the lovely helpful people at Listers Coventry. 

On 3/14/2024 at 4:36 PM, Weatherwax said:

I installed update accepted T&Cs and everything seemed fine BUT a few days later I realised none of my trips were showing in the Lexus link+ app. Also no location of car as it just said location unavailable while car is switched on & in motion ??it was parked and locked on my drive!!!

There are posts about this update issue on the NX thread too. So after reading them I then realised there was no trip data in the app. as location service switched off in Info. & Security in car settings so switched it on accepted T&Cs and my journey was logged and car location worked again in app. BUT when I next used the car location services off again 😱 After a few times of switching it back on accepting T&Cs every time I started car in the forlorn hope that it might eventually sort itself out I rang dealership. (Didn't have these problems with a previous update sometime in 2023). Service tech. ran through things with me & I had to re.synch my account to the car. Everything seemed fine until car switched on again and back to the same scenario of location services being off 😡.

Fortunately I'm only 11 miles from the dealership &  I had some spare time this afternoon. So I sat having coffee and eating their biscuits while it was sorted. Apparently, the car was removed from my account in the app. and then put back on - sorted! 

Hope this helps but the moral of the story for me is that if I can't sort it easily myself then I'm off to see the lovely helpful people at Listers Coventry. 

Can you still see your trip history prior to this fix being applied?

Hi Alan

After dealer fix it only recovered the trips when I had realised location services were disabled & I switched them on every I started car. So from mid Feb until mid March no trips recorded 🙄 which is understandable as that was when I didn't realise location services were disabled.

Update - Lexus UK now acknowledge that this software update is faulty. They have referred it to Lexus Europe for solution. An early response use is promised.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links