Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've just had a Ghost 2 immobiliser and S7 Tracker fitted to my 2019 RX450H. The Ghost is completely discharging my 12v Battery overnight. The guy that fitted it has checked it and insists it is connected as recommended by Autowatch. Has anyone else had any Battery draining issues with the Ghost ? I thought this was the go to immobiliser for these vehicles ? The Tracker is working fine and not affecting the Battery. Any comments appreciated before I get them to remove it.

• Sad 1

For a healthy charged Battery to go flat overnight, there has to be a decent parasitic load. Something like a light, fan, fuel or water pump,  or screen heater. Most of these loads will either shut down automatically or sound a warning when you exit the car. So the only suggestion I can come up with is to carefully check around the car using eyes and ears to see if you can detect anything that continues to operate after you have shut down the car.

Cheers...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, wheelysteve said:

The Ghost is completely discharging my 12v battery overnight. The guy that fitted it has checked it and insists it is connected as recommended by Autowatch.

If you’re convinced it’s the Ghost, then maybe contact Autowatch directly?  They don’t do installations themselves but may be aware of this problem.

They’ll also confirm Model compatibility.

Taking up Jon’s point about a healthy Battery, it may also be worthwhile checking the Battery condition.  Did it drain easily before you had the Ghost and Tracker installed?  If it’s the original Battery it may well be approaching the end of its working life, depending on usage and maintenance.

• Like 2

I’ve had ghost fitted for 12 months now, no issues whatsoever, if the problem was not there before your ghost / tracker installation, that would appear where the problem lays.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally gave up with the Ghost. Despite 4 visits and refits/mods it was still discharging the Battery. Autowatch have apparently had problems fitting them on some Lexus and RAV 4's. Had it taken out and had a Shadow system fitted. No issues since,

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wheelysteve said:

Had it taken out and had a Shadow system fitted. No issues since,

Just out of interest, Steve, was the Shadow system fitted using the same electrical connections as the Ghost?  Was it fitted by the same auto electrician as fitted - and removed - the Ghost?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Shadow system doesn't use the Canbus system. Same guy fitted the Shadow as fitted and removed the Ghost. No further issues since regarding Battery discharging.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links