Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Passed MOT with flying colours. All the old advisories have disappeared.

Sealed all the leaks. Dried the hybrid Battery out. Replaced a radiator. Replaced the AFS, Replaced a blown main fuse, replaced HIDs, LED's interior lights – next year she'll be 20 years old with 130K on the clock.

Been through thick and thin with the old gal. Great motor. Think it still has the original plugs. Next job if I can find the right price is water pump and belt (no idea when / if it was done). Might buy the OEM kit and do it myself.

Lexus build solid motors. Love'em

• Like 2

On 4/3/2024 at 9:46 PM, Greisingel said:

Sealed all the leaks. Dried the hybrid battery out. Replaced a radiator. Replaced the AFS, Replaced a blown main fuse, replaced HIDs, LED's interior lights – next year she'll be 20 years old with 130K on the clock.

Been through thick and thin with the old gal. Great motor. Think it still has the original plugs. Next job if I can find the right price is water pump and belt (no idea when / if it was done). Might buy the OEM kit and do it myself.

Good news Andy. Age shall not weary them nor the age condemn.

Belt & water pump ought not to be overlooked mind, and plugs too for that matter.

My thoughts have recently turned to plugs (89k), not a job for the faint hearted I gather.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2024 at 9:46 PM, Greisingel said:

Sealed all the leaks. Dried the hybrid battery out. Replaced a radiator. Replaced the AFS, Replaced a blown main fuse, replaced HIDs, LED's interior lights – next year she'll be 20 years old with 130K on the clock.

I also have a RX400h and suffer with water leaks. I’d like to understand where you seaked your leaks as it might help me, thanks in advance 

8 hours ago, long_ollie said:

I also have a RX400h and suffer with water leaks. I’d like to understand where you seaked your leaks as it might help me, thanks in advance 

Yup the 400s can provide an indoor swimming pool. I LS-Xed the trunk hinges and all the rear seams, round the aerial, and it is worth checking under the roof rack plastic infill. You don't sat where you are leaking (do you have a sunroof?). Classic leak area down blocked drain pipes along A pillars to front footwells.

I put in several silicate box humidifiers to dry the car out and removed rubber drain plugs under the trunk area, and I hammerited the unrubbered drain hole edge against rust.

1 hour ago, Greisingel said:

Yup the 400s can provide an indoor swimming pool. I LS-Xed the trunk hinges and all the rear seams, round the aerial, and it is worth checking under the roof rack plastic infill. You don't sat where you are leaking (do you have a sunroof?). Classic leak area down blocked drain pipes along A pillars to front footwells.

I put in several silicate box humidifiers to dry the car out and removed rubber drain plugs under the trunk area, and I hammerited the unrubbered drain hole edge against rust.

Hi Andy, thanks for your note. yes i do have a sunroof, i did check the drains runs from it and they are clear. i’ll check the areas your suggested next.

thanks, again 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links