Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all, one of my back boxes and part of the pipe has fallen off, currently in my boot as per photo. GS450 Mechanic says it’s all too corroded to weld back on.  I’m having trouble sourcing new boxes (mechanic said I need both with a section of pipe) IMG_2510.thumb.jpeg.c7e3b15598aeaa0e36e33378cebf515c.jpegunless I travel from London to Leeds to see Tony Banks who appears only to supply and fit. Any recommendations would be great!

Thanks very much 

I used an exhaust brilliant place in Maidstone Kent to manufacture and fit my new front Y section 

Any use ? Want me to track down the details ? 

Malc 

10 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

I used an exhaust brilliant place in Maidstone Kent to manufacture and fit my new front Y section 

Malc 

10 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Malc 

Thanks Malcolm, that would be very kind. Cheers, David 

Exhaust Centre. Bower Lane  Maidstone Kent ME16 8EH   01622-672798

It’s a large back street exhaust place, but challenging to find tho’,  that has tons ( and I mean tons )  of different stock parts and can make-up anything you need …… they have some imaginative creative guys working there some of whom are amazingly helpful ……. I’d be shocked if they can’t sort you out ok BUT like with my complex Y section, they had the car for 2 days to manufacture and fit the complex set-up 

So you  might need to pre-book and leave the car with them !

Mine, a year or so back was £360 incl vat whereas the stock Lexus part at @ £700 was just no longer available from anywhere ….. they had my Ls400 an overnight / 2 days 

Very helpful and honest guys ……. with good coffee 🤞

Good luck

Malc 

• Like 1

Thanks Malcolm. That is very kind. I’ve just called him and he said that he would need to have a look at it on a ramp to even give me an idea as to what it might cost. The thing is I’m in Hertfordshire bordering London so not ideal.  But I really appreciate you helping.

28 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

M25 Dartford Xng and M20 and you’re there in a flash 😄

Malc 

With my 340 BHP you’re probably right! 

• Haha 1

Guess you might be a little too loud along the MWay with a busted exhaust ?

Malc

I am sure Mr Exhaust in Reigate can fix your current exhaust. You'll be given warranty on the repair too.

Nothing beats OEM in silence.

4 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Guess you might be a little too loud along the MWay with a busted exhaust ?

Malc

That’s what volume 10 on the Mark Levinson’s for

2 hours ago, Exdee said:

I am sure Mr Exhaust in Reigate can fix your current exhaust. You'll be given warranty on the repair too.

Thanks for the tip. Will call Mr Exhaust. Interesting re OEM = Silence. I hadn’t thought of that. I suspect that silence is more important in an LS which is built for serene silence and comfort. Always fancied a 460 as a Sunday car but a bit extravagant. 

My experience with Stainless steel exhaust components is that these are longer lasting but more noisy than mild steel originals.  Having said that though some stainless steel replacements are made from thinner gauge or lower quality than others, so a good recommendation worth getting.  

15 hours ago, Exdee said:

4 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

My experience with Stainless steel exhaust components is that these are longer lasting but more noisy than mild steel originals.  Having said that though some stainless steel replacements are made from thinner gauge or lower quality than others, so a good recommendation worth getting.  

Thank you Barry. 

The Ls400 original exhaust is an enormous thick chunk of stainless steel …….. apart from the front Y Section …… which will possibly outlast the car …… well at 30 years young it’s still fine with blissful quietness 😄

Malc 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links