Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heat shield/cover

Has anyone had any issues with the heat shield/cover near the end box of the exhaust. Heard a rattling from the wind while my car was on my driveway, I had look and saw the cover hanging down, held on with one screw, the other two had broken off.

IMG_2449.jpeg

I’ve not had any issues in my NX but I did have both heat shields come away on my CT after about 5-6 years. I ended up Jerry rigging them back on with washers etc. they seemed very flimsy and easily disintegrated

I’m sure the dealer can fit replacements but I remember my quote being quite expensive as they had to remove the exhaust to fit so I didn’t bother

• Like 1

Just had to fix my drivers side last week, the passenger side went last year. Electrolytic corrosion it looks like to me but could be wrong. Just fitted a large washer over the hole and all ok for now. I asked them to check them at the last service in September but they said they were ok. Whether they did check them or not I don’t know. New heat shields were about £90 each I think from lexuspartsdirect. I’ll see how the washers go for now.

• Like 1

The washers holding my CT shields on held fine for 2 years until I got rid of the car

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links